Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by philamental »

Just popping back in to confirm everybody is now on board and I know I have to get back to you a few of you but am unfortunately short on time at the moment. Hopefully will respond in 24/48 hrs :)

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

About to start a new thread for TPC. It makes more sense to continue all related discussion there and let this one die so see you guys over there. :)

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Would have been a good time around about now to pop a message on here which teased a return of the Image Game Tournament in 2019. Unfortunately I'm approaching the end of the worst year of my 19 year professional career which has sucked so much of my energy and free time that I haven't been able to give any thought to next year's tournament let alone start the process of selecting non searchable images. Even if I somehow committed to getting all the prep work done before the end of the year, I can already see that January will be extremely busy with work again, so much so that there's no way I could commit to running the tournament efficiently and so the third episode of the tournament trilogy that I had planned is postponed indefinitely.

While I never publicly committed to Tourney 2019, I think most including myself took it as a given, so I'm sorry to disappoint anyone who may have been looking forward to it. As I mentioned, I do want to complete the trilogy and I'm optimistic that I will at some stage in the future. I'm not sure if I will just pick a random month next year once things calm down and I have had time to put all the pieces in place or just skip 2019 entirely and return in Jan 2020, but don't hold me to that either and instead just expect it when you see it.

I can't imagine anyone will have any questions about this but if there are any pop 'em here and I'll answer as best I can. To the regular players, again my apologies but that annoying thing called real life has been a right bitch this year and so we'll have to postpone playtime for a little bit longer ;)

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

All the best. Hope it gets back on track soon.