Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by philamental »

Amen indeed, brother!

*hic* :mrgreen:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I was undecided up until this point, but I am going to include Bonus Rounds again this year. There will be four of them, one every Saturday night (22.00 GMT (17.00 EST, 14.00 PST)) which is sunday morning in some parts of the world. Obviously the active tournament round will be suspended while the Bonus Round is taking place and will resume when the Bonus Round ends after 12 hrs on the Sunday morning.

The Bonus Rounds were the least successful aspect of last year's tournament so I'm making changes to the format in order to bring them back this time around. The bonus rounds won't be compulsory for anyone. Play them if you want, or skip them if you prefer. There will be 2 pts awarded for a correct answer in the bonus round. Unlike last year, there will not be a points deduction for a wrong answer. Only one guess is permitted per player per bonus round. The bonus rounds themselves will be ... *different* ... that's all I'll say for now ;)

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Well after a quiet Round 1, Round 2 was certainly a case of all you guys coming after Harvey like ...

Good job, guys ;)

I think I got everyone who answered correctly listed in the points tally but if I left anyone out (or if I leave anyone out in any future rounds) just DM me and I'll sort it out.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Hey, quick question for clarity. Does the film from the bonus round also have a minimum of 500 ratings?

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Sorry, but I'm only seeing this now and the Bonus Round is almost closed. Yes the movie has at least 500 ratings.

I'm going to leave the BR open for one more hour just in case you or others were waiting for that clarification

snallygaster
1646 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

My pondering of the bonus round went something like this:
Passion of the Christ was directed by Mel Gibson, who starred in Lethal Weapon, which was directed by Richard Donner, who also directed Goonies, featuring the depicted character Sloth. Sloth is one of the seven deadly sins that John Doe, the villain of Se7en, was obsessed with. Now, a sloth is also an animal, and a doe is also an animal, which brings us to Jesus, who is often symbolized by a fish, so we have three animals each representing a different decade derived from the release date of the film: 00s, 90s, 80s. The 1970s must logically follow, so therefore... wow, Sloth sure was ugly. Oh, I get it.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

snallygaster wrote:My pondering of the bonus round went something like this:
Passion of the Christ was directed by Mel Gibson, who starred in Lethal Weapon, which was directed by Richard Donner, who also directed Goonies, featuring the depicted character Sloth. Sloth is one of the seven deadly sins that John Doe, the villain of Se7en, was obsessed with. Now, a sloth is also an animal, and a doe is also an animal, which brings us to Jesus, who is often symbolized by a fish, so we have three animals each representing a different decade derived from the release date of the film: 00s, 90s, 80s. The 1970s must logically follow, so therefore... wow, Sloth sure was ugly. Oh, I get it.

That is utterly fantastic! Amazingly I had originally considered using The Elephant Man in place of Sloth who would have also fitted in with two of your theories which goes to show how these things can be interpreted so many ways.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I forget to end up submitting but I would've guessed Superman Returns:

Jesus metaphor co-starring Kevin Spacey as a villain and directed by known pedophile Bryan Singer, who I actually have no idea what he looks like, but who imagine resembles something like the that guy on the right. Also, both The Goonies and the original Superman were both directed by Richard Donner.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

yes, little known fact was that Sloth's appearance was based on future Bryan Singer :lol: :lol: Love it! :lol:

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

It wasn't the horse that gave it away for me, I'd recognize Katharine Hepburn from any angle.

[spoiler]Wait Katherine Hepburn never played an alien abducted by the mafia and trapped inside a trunk did she?[/spoiler]