Cinesift

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
hellboy76
6339 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Cinesift

Post by hellboy76 »

I know sometimes people throw out other sites here. This is a newer one but it gives you the average score from several sites and then lets you put in search options based on availability on various platforms. So you can look for movies from say, 1970 forward only available on Netflix. Or Amaxon Prime etc.

https://www.cinesift.com/

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Re: Cinesift

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Yeah, I discovered this site myself only about a month ago. A site that aggregates the scores of other review-aggregators like Rottentomatoes and Metacritic. It's finally arrived: The Review Aggregator-Aggregator!

i wonder if another 10 years we'll be talking about the first Review Aggregator-Aggregator-Aggregator?

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

CosmicMonkey wrote:Yeah, I discovered this site myself only about a month ago. A site that aggregates the scores of other review-aggregators like Rottentomatoes and Metacritic. It's finally arrived: The Review Aggregator-Aggregator!

i wonder if another 10 years we'll be talking about the first Review Aggregator-Aggregator-Aggregator?

Forget that. In the future, I am designing a site that breaks apart the aggregates with a series of links back to the original websites. Jokes aside I do like the smoothness of searching for something on Amazon or Netflix. It's a little less clunky than an Instantwatcher.

Paxton
3633 Ratings

Post by Paxton »

hellboy76 wrote:It's a little less clunky than an Instantwatcher.

I haven't been back to instantwatcher since I discovered JustWatch.com which includes most major streaming services beyond Netflix and Prime.

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Paxton wrote:
hellboy76 wrote:It's a little less clunky than an Instantwatcher.

I haven't been back to instantwatcher since I discovered JustWatch.com which includes most major streaming services beyond Netflix and Prime.

Nice! I hadn't seen this one yet.

yug
2041 Ratings

Post by yug »

Thank you hellboy76 and Paxton for letting us know about Cinesift and Justwatch. Very useful for me.

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

It's missing too many movies, I've gone through it. Good for usage for the basics but missing too many gaps in-between.

Also, I don't like how it doesn't let you filter out the RottenTomatoes score and just use the imdb+LB one.