Image Game Tournament 2018 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2018 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by philamental »

I guess that must be a famous horse or something because we had five correct answers for Image 1 :o Let's see if this pony is as recognizable ;)

Round 5 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Only one player recognised the pony ;)

Round 5 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Nobody had a clue who the humans were ...

Round 5 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

and one more correct answer to close out the round which was ... The Philadelphia Story (1940) , the comedy that won Jimmy Stewart the oscar for best actor.

4pts - cet1412, snallygaster, cosmicmonkey, auhasarderik, paulofilmo
3pts - maaxwell
2pts -
1pt - fra paolo

The top heavy spread of scoring meant it was a good round for Harvey with the lawyers winning 3 - 1, and with that overall scores are tied Lawyers 10 - Public 10

Keeping things right on trucking with ...

Round 6 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One correct answer for the first image

Round 6 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Two more correct answers on image two ...

Round 6 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Saturday morning leaderboard time ...

Image Game Tournament Week Two Leaderboard

1st snallygaster - 17 pts
2nd= cet1412 - 14 pts
2nd= auhasarderik - 14 pts
4th cosmicmonkey - 13 pts
5th maaxwell - 9 pts
6th paulofilmo - 8 pts
7th= bowfinger - 6 pts
7th= brickwall - 6 pts
7th= Dreamer - 6 pts
10th 3dRevelation - 5 pts

11th= CMonster - 4 pts
11th= fra paolo - 4 pts
13th= detox - 3 pts
13th= dunbar - 3 pts
15th= igormachete - 2 pts
15th= mattorama12 - 2 pts

Is there a glitch in the matrix? I'm getting a deja vu with last years 1st and 2nd already occupying the same positions! snallygaster already looks like he'll take some stopping, but cet1412 is still hot on his heels with strong chasing from auhasarderik and last weeks leader cosmicmonkey still in the hunt. I said last week that the scores were so tight that charges from the rear of the field or even one from newcomers would be possible and that has proven to be the case with maaxwell now up to 5th from 11th and paulofilmo landing in 6th with 8 points having previously failed to score. It remains incredibly tight throughout the leaderboard so every round and score will matter as we approach the midway point in this years tournament.

There were no further answers for Image 3. Before I play the final image of the round, a reminder that there is another Bonus Round coming up later. The last one proved to be a challenge and the next one is ... lets just say ... different ... ;)

Round 6 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One wrong answer for Image four and I'm going to leave that one in play until the morning. But for now ...

Bonus Round 2

Just like last time the images here together represent ONE movie so what single film do these pictures represent? 2pts for a right answer. No points deducted for an incorrect guess

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Ok so that proved to be another tough one for you guys. 80% of answers all hesitantly suggested 'The Blind Side' but without any pointing or additional direction towards the right side of the images, that one doesn't quite fit. I guess some would argue if 80% of answers all said the same thing, then it is me who must be wrong! :lol:

So let me take you through this one ...

From top to bottom we have, Bernard Hill as Theoden and Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn in Return of the King (It might actually be Two Towers but I can't remember and it doesn't matter), then Benny Hill as Toymaker and Robert Helpmann as Child Catcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, and finally Jonah Hill as Schmidt and Channing Tatum as Jenko in 21 Jump St.

... has the penny dropped for anyone yet? ...

Well as you all noted, Mortensen, Helpmann and Tatum have all been blackened in the ocular region, whereas ...

The Hills Have Eyes (1977 and 2006)

*The Entirety of Criticker* ... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Only one player got that one so it truly was a bonus score to them. Well done igormachete for cracking the enigma code of my crazed mindset! ... Right ... well that clearly was a popular one, so moving swiftly along ... :oops:

Round 6 Conclusion

There were no further guesses overnight for the round which was Bowfinger (1999). This was an attempt to cheekily catch out the player on here who has chosen the same moniker, and surpisingly it worked! Excuse me now while I take cover from the digital abuse that is likely to flood my inbox in the near future ;) I'm off now to find me some images from the movie 'snallygaster'.

(EDIT forgot the round scoring)

4pts - paulofilmo
3pts - maaxwell, dunbar
2pts -
1pt -

Round 7 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One right, one wrong for the first one ...

Round 7 Image 2