Image Game Tournament 2018 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2018 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by philamental »

Six more correct answers closed out the round which was ... The Lives of Others (2006)

4 pts -
3 pts -
2 pts - bowfinger, snallygaster, auhasarderik
1 pt - cet1412, igormachete, paulofilmo, cosmicmonkey, fra paolo, maaxwell

In the secondary scoring, Harvey licked his sweaty lips too soon as a strong finish to the round from you guys levelled things up at 2 - 2. This means we are still tied Lawyers 16 - Public 16

Image Game Tournament Week Three Leaderboard

1st snallygaster - 23 pts
2nd cet1412 - 22 pts
3rd auhasarderik - 19 pts
4th cosmicmonkey - 17 pts
5th Maaxwell - 13 pts
6th paulofilmo - 12 pts
7th= Brickwall - 11 pts
7th= bowfinger - 11 pts
9th igormachete - 9 pts
10th fra paolo - 8 pts

11th= CMonster - 7 pts
11th= 3dRevelation - 7 pts
13th Dreamer - 6 pts
14th= mattorama12 - 3 pts
14th= detox - 3 pts
14th= dunbar - 3 pts

Last years top two continue to duke it out at the top of the table, and have edged slightly clear of the chasing duo of auhasarderik and cosmicmonkey. As we have passed the midway point, it looks like the overall tournament champion will come from one of those four. While a tilt at the top spot may be beyond the likes of maaxwell and paulofilmo, both will believe they still have a chance of taking 4th or even 3rd place before the race is run. It's tighter than a gnat's anus from 5th to 13th however with every point scored making a massive difference to the placings so everybody has an opportunity to move up or down with every image played

So lets see who might be able to leap ahead of their rivals with ...

Round 10 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Nada for the first image. It will stay in play until the morning as it's now time for everyone's favourite ...

Bonus Round 3

Ok then .... time to find out who the mathematicians are. Each of the following five images are from movies that contain a number in the title. Insert those numbers into the following maths problem and solve it to get a new number which is the title of a 6th movie and the answer to the bonus round

((A ÷ B) + C + D) ÷ E = ?

So to be clear, I don't want anyone sending me the names of these movies. The answer I want is the name of the movie that is also the answer to the maths problem above. Good luck!

****IMPORTANT EDIT**** It has been pointed out to me by igormachete that one of the movies below doesn't contain a number in the translated Russian title. Thankfully he still worked it out, but all players from non English speaking countries should note they need to consider the English titles for this bonus round.

Image A

Image B

Image C

Image D

Image E

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Ok this one seemed to be a more accessible Bonus Round with 8 correct answers, but it still managed to catch out a couple of players. So let me take everyone through it just for the record ... (I'm not going to list the years of the movies in the explanation so as not to confuse with extra numbers)

We start with Image A which is the God King Xerxes from 300.

Next up is Image B with the two sisters from 10 Things I Hate About You (I figured Julia Stiles was recognisable enough to be searched here) so that's 300 ÷ 10 = 30 so far

Image C is Clooney in Three Kings, which brings the sub total to 30 + 3 = 33

Image D is Nurse Ratched and the back of Jack's head in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, so adding 33 + 1 = 34

And finally Image E is obviously Riggs and Murtaugh but from which movie in the Lethal Weapon Franchise? Well the clue was on Gibson's head ... in that the only movie where Riggs doesn't have long hair is the final entry Lethal Weapon 4. That means the final calculation is 34 ÷ 4 = ....

Fellini's 8.5 ... er ... (1963)

2 pts - bowfinger, brickwall, cosmic monkey, maaxwell, igormachete, cet1412, mattorama12, and victoriouz (welcome back, bud :) )

There were no further nibbles as Image 1 so we resume with ...

Round 10 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One correct answer for image two

Round 10 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Two correct and one incorrect for image 3

Round 10 Image 4

Note
There were image hosting issues this morning causing images to not display on the thread but they seem to be resolved now so I've tidied up the last few posts.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Apologies again if anyone was prevented from playing rounds 3 or 4 due to the technical difficulties experienced earlier.

two further correct answers closed out the round which was Robert Altman's Nashville (1975)

4pts -
3pts - snallygaster
2pts - auhasarderik, paulofilmo
1pt - maaxwell, mattorama12

For the fifth straight round the secondary scoring ended tied at 2 - 2 so we remain level overall at Lawyers 20 - Public 20

Let's keep moving with ...

Round 11 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Tumbleweeds for the first image ...

Round 11 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

one correct answer for the second image

Round 11 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

*ahem* .... TEN (!) correct answers for the third image .... I have something to say about that but I'll wait until the round ends ... :|

Round 11 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

three more correct motherfucking answers to close out the motherfucking round! Yep ... Snakes On a Plane (2006) :lol:

4 pts -
3 pts - snallygaster
2 pts - maaxwell, igormachete, fra paolo, CMonster, cet1412, 3dRevelation, mattorama12, CosmicMonkey, paulofilmo, dunbar
1 pt - brickwall, auhasarderik, detox

On the secondary scoring it was again a tie at 2-2 so we are still tied overall Lawyers 22 - Public 22

I'm going to have words with all you Image 3 horndogs in the discussion thread but I have no choice but to try and calm you all down now with ...

Round 12 Image 1

... try getting a boner to that! ;)