Image Game Tournament 2018 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Image Game Tournament 2018 - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by philamental »

A couple of brave souls had a stab at the first image but no correct answers so far

Round 12 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One player has had two really good guesses in the first two rounds but was incorrect and becomes the first player to incur a penalty in this year's tournament :( There was no other guess activity for the second image

Round 12 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

The second of the two brave souls of this round has now followed the first and incurred a penalty point for a second incorrect guess of the round :( However there were two correct answers for image three which keeps the lawyers at bay :)

Round 12 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Another 4 correct answers for the final image. With all the educated cinephiles on here I'm surprised that not a single person submitted their answer as the original French title ... Les Yeux Sans Visage (1960), but of course I accepted the English Eyes Without a Face.

4pts -
3pts -
2pts - paulofilmo, cet1412
1pt - Maaxwell, snallygaster, auhasarderik, mattorama12
-1pt deduction - Fra Paulo, 3dRevelation

I feel really bad for the two who lost points in that round. Fra Paulo was so close when guessing another French 1960 film A Bout De Souffle right off the bat from the first image. His second guess Rififi (another French film, same era) has a main character that is looks incredibly similar to the body shown in Image 1. And while 3dRev was further away with Hollow Man and Invisible Man, thematically there were remarkable similarities that both shared with the actual answer.

Surprise surprise, it's yet another tied 2-2 round in the secondary scoring so it remains level Lawyers 24 Public 24 Will the next round provide a breakthrough for one side or the other? Lets find out with

Round 13 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

There were two incorrect guesses for the first image.

Image Game Tournament Week Four Leaderboard

*NB Scoring is accurate up to the end of Round 12*

1st snallygaster - 30 pts
2nd cet1412 - 28 pts
3rd auhasarderik - 23 pts
4th CosmicMonkey - 21 pts
5th Maaxwell - 19 pts
6th paulofilmo - 18 pts
7th Brickwall - 14 pts
8th= bowfinger - 13 pts
8th= igormachete - 13 pts
10th= fra paolo - 9 pts
10th= CMonster - 9 pts
10th= mattorama12 - 9 pts

13th 3dRevelation - 8 pts
14th dunbar - 7 pts
15th Dreamer - 6 pts
16th detox - 4 pts
17th Victoriouz - 2 pts

The top two have eased away and extended their lead but with only two points between them heading into the final week it is simply too close to call! The champ is still in pole position to retain his crown but cet1412 refuses to accept defeat! Beneath them auhasarderik has just edged ahead of CosmicMonkey as they battle for the last place on the podium. However they need to look over their shoulder because as predicted last week, both Maaxwell and paulofilmo have closed the gap dramatically and a strong finish from either could see them snatch 4th or even 3rd right at the death! Further down the table, every player has others just above, just behind or in some cases both. Currently fra paolo, CMonster and mattorama12 have managed to squeeze into the prestigious top ten positions but are far from secure there with a single point for one of those players being enough to demote the other two. In fact all 17 players who have registered a score could still mathematically make the top 10 so it really is all to play for!

With three rounds and the bonus round still to go, there are now 14 points available to all players. Go get 'em! :)

I now return you to the round in play with ...

Round 13 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

There's a chance I may not get back online later tonight and seeing as Image 2 stays in play until the morning anyway, there's no reason not to post this early ... oh and there's a high probability I won't be responding to any guesses until the morning as well, I'm afraid ...

And so we arrive at the final Bonus Round! The last one was quite popular as it was a little bit more straight forward in comparison to the first couple, but this one takes you back into my twisted psyche ... can you figure out what the fuck I'm thinking? Once again the correct answer is ONE single movie title that the following images together represent. With that I give you the SENSORY OVERLOAD that is ...

Bonus Round 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

And that's end of the bonus round for this tournament! *Wild Cheers from all players* :)

I thought this one was fairly obvious, and it seemed many agreed with 7 correct answers and only 1 incorrect guess.

This one doesn't really have an explanation other than to simply spell it out ...

A dozen gifs ....... all showing individuals of a highly irritated nature .... all of who are of the male gender .... or

...... 12 ........................... Angry ...................................................... Men .... (1957) :)

I guess there might be a few more angry men (and women) this morning kicking themselves for missing that ;)

2 pts - brickwall, maaxwell, cet1412, snallygaster, mattorama12. auhasarderik, CosmicMonkey

Surprisingly there was also a correct answer for the still in play Round 13 overnight and there was some really impressive detective work in play to identify the movie. Well done to that player!

For now we return to your regularly scheduled programme with

Round 13 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Two correct, one incorrect for the third image. Here comes ...

Round 13 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Another four correct answers close out the round. I thought the last image might click with a few more people with the Japanese characters on display and if you look closely the word 'pacific' is on the right hand wall, which could lead them to ... Pacific Rim (2013)

4 pts -
3 pts - victorious
2 pts - cet1412, auhasarderik
1 pt - snallygaster, mattorama12, CosmicMonkey, dunbar

secondary scoring ... tied again ... 2-2 ... overall 26-26 .... yadda yadda ;)

Just to be clear we are now on the final lap so to speak as there are now only 2 full rounds to go. As highlighted on Saturday the overall leaderboard positions are tighter than a gnat's anus (don't ask how I know this!) so it's now or never for those of you wanting to make a late push for glory! :)

Round 14 Image 1

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Little bit of a soft touch first image there with 6 correct answers so far ... Was your leaderboard rival among them? Yes. Yes they were. You better start guessing big time to limit the damage! ;)

Round 14 Image 2