The Players Championship 2018 - Discussion Thread - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
dunbar
1053 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Players Championship 2018 - Discussion Thread - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by dunbar »

I totally know the movie for this round.

Me thinks it's time to taunt Snally and his lackluster team. :twisted:

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Re: The Players Championship 2018 - Discussion Thread - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Hey, I know phil hasn't updated the Civil War scoring but considering we got 12 points in the Young Frankenstein round to Team Cet's 2, we're actually probably well in the lead, at this point.

We're Team Snally, and we didn't come here to play...

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

This is the point where I lose the good faith of half the players and become a legend to the rest … :twisted:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I may post something formally along these lines in the main thread but just giving the following heads up for the final few days of TPC in about a weeks time.

By my calculations if there are no further complications the final image should be played the evening of Weds 20th of June. Beginning on Friday 15th of June I start the process of travelling on holiday to the US of A for two weeks and this may impact my ability to post the images at the same times for the final five days. This is what I'm currently expecting ...

Fri 15th: Travelling but still in my home country. 10am Should be ok but might need to post a little early. 10pm Should also be ok but might need to post a little late. Not really that concerned about Friday but responses to guesses as they arrive will be difficult.

Sat 16th: Most problematic day for posting. 10am Will need to post early around 9am or even earlier. May also consider moving the Leaderboard to Friday evening. 10pm I'll be on a plane over the atlantic. There is a fair chance I will be able to access wifi and post the next image, but if I can't it is likely this image posting will have to roll over to the next day. It is also highly likely that I will not be able to respond to guesses or even highlight any scoring updates (including Civil War) as I won't have access to my scoring spreadsheet, so any updates will just be images to keep TPC moving.

Sun 17th to Weds 20th: Ironically I'll be in a time zone which makes it theoretically awkward for me to keep to the current daily image posting times which would be 5am and 5pm locally. That said I am unlikely to immediately adapt to US time and from experience I may continue to wake early for the first few days meaning the 5am posting times would remain possible. However I may decide to just alter the posting times officially to make it easier to commit to them which would offer less uncertainty for all players.

So while I'll retain the right of the final decision what would your preference be?

A) Stick with the existing posting times, and accept that the early morning time may be at worst an hour or two late towards the end of the competition

B) Alter the posting times to say 12PM and 12AM British Summer Time (2 hrs later than current) which is 7AM and 7PM Eastern time in the US.

C) A little of A, a little of B ... stick with A unless it becomes a problem and if it does formally switch to B.

I'm tempted to do C but perhaps there is less uncertainty and potential confusion if I do B. What do you guys think?

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Go with the flo, pal. Just make sure you don't watch any in-flight movies on those 2-inch screens ;)

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

I think for the most part we will all be ok with whatever you decide to do, as long as you give us the heads up about the plan with a little advance notice. Hope you enjoy your trip! If you're visiting Southern California, feel free to PM me if you have any questions for a local

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Hey Phil, can't make out what it says on the pages, I can squint only so much, you think you can upload a higher quality pic, pal?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it!

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

bowfinger wrote:Hey Phil, can't make out what it says on the pages, I can squint only so much, you think you can upload a higher quality pic, pal?

Thanks in advance, really appreciate it!

Am struggling to upload the higher res pic so I'll just type up the text if that's ok? It's a repeat of the same sentence again and again down the whole page. It says …

"all work and no play makes phil say "go fuck yourself, bowfinger!" "

... wow, that's pretty appropriate to our conversation! I missed that the first time I saw this movie ;)