The Players Championship 2018 - Discussion Thread - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Players Championship 2018 - Discussion Thread - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by philamental »

snallygaster wrote:Wow, team captain! Thanks for the hype, CM!

I assume that although we've been divided into teams, it's still an individual game, right? (ie we're not supposed to be working together). Anyway, off to look at that image...

Yep, the Civil War is just the secondary scoring system for a bit of added fun which based on the replies here so far is working! TPC is still primarily a solo competition :)

CMonster
1444 Ratings

Re: The Players Championship 2018 - Discussion Thread - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by CMonster »

cue Guns n' Roses

What's so civil about war anyway?

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Just looked through the main thread opening post for the first time and saw that the team formatting didn't carry properly from my draft into the post itself and looked crap and even suggested one player was on a different team. I've corrected that now, but to be clear, victoriouz is on TEAM SNALLY.

Sorry for any confusion caused :oops:

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

Don't be sorry, that's doing us a favour. :twisted:

Victoriouz
11562 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

dunbar wrote:Don't be sorry, that's doing us a favour. :twisted:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Victoriouz wrote:
dunbar wrote:Don't be sorry, that's doing us a favour. :twisted:

I feel so guilty for laughing hard at that! :lol: :oops:

Prove him wrong, Vic! 8-)

dunbar
1053 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

Bowfinger drew a long bow including titties for that bonus.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I was actually disappointed that bowfinger's titties were covered and not naked …

… wait :? … I want *bowfinger's* titties to be covered. I don't want or need to see them. I meant … er … you know what I meant!

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Well, I didn't want the lads to get too distracted from the task at hand... so that it wasn't too hands on... you know, hands-free?

I have to say I really enjoyed preparing the round, not too sure if you guys enjoyed mostly not solving it though, I'm glad at least Maax got it, so it doesn't feel like a complete waste :D Thanks, pal!

But bonus rounds can be really hit and miss (and I was just trying to get tits involved in the game, I confess), I'm actually more surprised on the Logan results as I was expecting at least half of the players to get it by the end of the round, even ones who had not seen it.

Here is a run down of the clues and why I thought the majority would solve it:

[spoiler]1. Although nothing is a giveaway in any way, I love the first image because, a) We partially see the bad guy with the black glove at the b-day party shot with a handycam. b) The nurse is a nice clue this is at some sort of facility c) That cute monster is an indirect reference to kid mutants as far as I'm concerned, which I had picked to set the tone.
2. That's Logan's hand finding the hidden pill Xavier was supposed to be taking, which is next to the money Logan was offered (in the bloody envelope we repeatedly see in all acts of the movie). But most importantly, you can see a visible scar on Logan's hand, right in between his knuckles where his claw comes out (I'm guessing they added that detail to further demonstrate he doesn't heal as he used to).
3. This is the leather jacket and the girl outfit Laura picks for them. And the image itself is basically a head on reference to the film's western roots/narrative/homage, and the mannequins unmistakably represent Logan and Laura (who later holds Logan's hand just like this. Remember the poster with just the hands?)
4. Finally Logan, in his trademark shirt. This is quite a memorable scene in the movie. Kids give him a Wolverine shave while he is asleep, and you can see the full beard on the side, but the wiped mirror reveals (just enough) that the mustache is heavily trimmed. Also, his right hand again shows obvious scars/lines right where the claws are.[/spoiler]

Anyway, I gotta go back to figuring out movies that involve cooking and Air France. Cheers, guys.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I thought it was a great bonus round, dude!