Cannes reviews

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
schnofel
6493 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Cannes reviews

Post by schnofel »

I have some reviews for Cannes 2018 films on my profile, if anybody cares. Strangely enough, until now, they all concern a love story that plays out over decades. I don't know if this will parallel my life - I thought about it a lot during the screenings in the Grand Lumiere. I hope at least not in the heavy-hearted way arthouse cinema likes to portray it.

Also, since I have other stuff to do here, I won't be able to catch too many films, but thanks for reading anyway. :)

schnofel
6493 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Cannes reviews

Post by schnofel »

Hey, unfortunately I won't make it to any of these. I had The Eyes of Orson Wells on my calender for Sunday morning, but sometimes sleep is more important than cinema, unbelievable as that may sound to many of us... So far my favorite film of the festival (Girls of the Sun) got trashed by critics like you wouldn't believe. Also the praise for many of the lacklustre entries baffles me. I still have some hope for Blackkklansman and Under The Silver Lake though.