The Players Championship 2018 (Image Game) - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Players Championship 2018 (Image Game) - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by philamental »

Three more correct answers for the final image of the round

The answer was … My Own Private Idaho (1991) which was submitted by paulofilmo

4 pts -
3 pts -
2 pts - snallygaster, Victoriouz
1 pt - cet1412, cosmicmonkey, maaxwell

Round average was 1.4 so paulofilmo scores 1 point.

Civil War scoring is now Team CET 26 - Team SNALLY 24

on we go with …

Round 5 Image 1

This submitter wishes to remain anonymous

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Apologies, I thought I posted this last night from my phone when I was out, but must have failed to hit the submit button properly. :oops:

There was one correct guess who took advantage of the extended window and they will get the full 4 points for the round.

Round 5 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Ok, somethings f***ing weird here. I'm as certain as I can be that I posted image 3 last night but it hasn't shown up again. Not sure what to say. Logically I must be the one doing something wrong, but I can't understand what that could be as this stuff is generally second nature to me at this stage. I'll take greater care with posting for the foreseeable future.

One correct answer and one incorrect guess for the second image

Round 5 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One Correct answer for the third image

Round 5 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Sorry for the delay. Overrun at work today

One correct answer for the fourth image

The answer was … Young Frankenstein (1974)

4 pts - snallygaster
3 pts - cosmicmonkey
2 pts - cmonster
1 pt - maaxwell

The round average was 2.5 so the submitting player squeaks a useful 3 points out of the round for themselves! 8-)

Here comes their bonus round

Bonus Round 3

A reminder that the bonus rounds are abstract clues to a single movie title so if you recognize one or both of these images, they are not themselves the answer that is required.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Three correct answers there for the Bonus Round

The answer was …. Moonrise Kingdom (2012)

Here's the round and bonus round submitter Mattorama12 with an eloquent explanation for the BR …

First image is just a moonrising. Helpful if you know it's from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban-- the scene when the full moon rises and Professor Lupin transforms into a werewolf. The second image is less obvious, but hopefully just getting the first image "moonrise" should be enough to figure out the second. It's the scene from the Lion King when Mufasa explains that everything the light touches is part of their kingdom. Thus, the images are literally Moonrise Kingdom.

These players scored one point for the bonus round ... snallygaster, bowfinger, victoriouz, mattorama12

so we keep it all moving with ...

Round 6 Image 1

the submitting player has requested to remain anonymous

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Three incorrect guesses for the first image so quite a few decided to have a nibble but no successes so far …

Round 6 Image 2

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

One correct answer, two incorrect guesses that time around, including our first point deduction of the competition!

Round 6 Image 3

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

No activity for that last one so we finish with …

Round 6 Image 4

And it's Saturday which means it's Weekly Leaderboard time!

The Players Championship - Week Two Leaderboard
Round 6 scoring not included

1st Maaxwell 11
2nd snallygaster 10
3rd Victoriouz 8
4th bowfinger 7
5th= mattorama12 6
5th= CMonster 6
7th cosmicmonkey 5
8th= cet1412 4
8th= Brickwall 4
10th= dunbar 3
10th= paulofilmo 3
12th= kasper l 2
12th= akilnayak 2

We're past the half way point in TPC now and Maaxwell stays top of the pile for a second week running but he's lost a little momentum which has allowed snallygaster to leap from 6th up to 2nd place only one point behind! Victoriouz continues to outscore his original seeding and remains in third, while bowfinger slumps down a place to 4th. There were also leaps forward for both mattorama12 and cosmicmonkey to 5th and 7th respectively.

In the Civil War, it's been a punishing week for Team CET who now trail Team SNALLY with the scores at 28 - 39! Team Captain snallygaster has lead from the front over the past week whereas his counterpart cet1412 is either struggling badly or playing the hare and tortoise tactic masterfully. With the numberical advantage Team SNALLY are now heavy favourites to win the Civil War and it's interesting that the final 'uneven' player to be allocated has proven to be the Kingmaker of the Civil War as Victoriouz's 8 points would be swinging the balance the other way if he was on Team CET. If only there was some way to even things up .... Hmmmmmm .... I wonder ... *strokes chin ..... scratches balls .... gets distracted by phone ... watches video of cute puppy and laughs ... remembers what he was supposed to be doing .... strokes chin* .... yes, I wonder indeed! :twisted:

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Two more correct answers for the last image

The answer was .... Death Becomes Her (1992) which was brought to you by Victoriouz

4pts -
3pts - dunbar
2pts -
1pt - maaxwell, snallygaster, bowfinger

Round Average was 1.75 so Victoriouz scores 2 pts

Civil War now stands at Team CET 33 - Team SNALLY 41 … which is pretty one sided at this point …. :(

philamental: *heavy sigh*

Thanos: Hey there, philamental, you look sad! What's wrong?

P: Oh hey Thanos, one of the most powerful and notorious Marvel Villains and key antagonist in the box office smash 'Infinity War' ... I'm not sure you'd understand ....

T: Why not? Try me! I'm a good listener!

P: Well ok then. I was inspired by the Marvel 'Civil War' movie to create a secondary competition between the image game players where I split them into two teams and have them face off against each other ...

T: *stares blankly*

P: ... well it started out well but we're only half way through and one team is already well ahead and they have a numerical advantage too so they look like they are going to win easily and ... well it's just a downer as I hoped it would be more competitive.

T: Oh that's too bad philamental. Maybe I can help. I have something that makes the things you want to happen, happen! *reaches down for something and immediately there is a stunning multi colour glow that radiates visibly*

P: *GASPS!!* You dont mean .... THE INFINITY GAUNTLET!!!!!!??

T: ... erm no ... I won't be using the Infinity Gauntlet .... Long story ... Doesn't matter ... But I do have ... *Completes dropping his pants* ... The Infinity Jockstrap!!!!

P: ....... riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight ........ ok, I'm desperate, I'll try anything. How does it work? With the gauntlet you would snap your fingers to make things happen, right?

T: Well let me show you ... *Starts gyrating his crotch causing the Infinity Jockstrap to bounce up and down with the movement of his giant blue balls*

P: .... Mr Thanos? I don't feel so good *tries not to vomit* ....

AND THEN IT HAPPENED

P: What the absolutely fuck?!

T: I know it's good isn't it? *smirks*

P: Good? It's amazing!! TEAM SNALLY'S LEAD HAS DISINTEGRATED!!!!!!!!!! The Civil War score is now TC 33 - TS 33! It's now competitive again and I'm so happy! ... but wait SNALLY still have a numerical advantage so it's still not fair?

T: Well you could always add in the non civil war players to Team CET to level things p somewhat?

P: That's an AWESOME idea! I'll do that!

T: Hey, I'll do it for you ... *starts to gyrate the Infinity Jockstrap*

P: *starts to heave* .... NOOOO! ... it's ok, I got this one Thanos!

AND WITH THAT THE EXISTING AND FUTURE SCORES OF KASPER L AND AKILNAYAK WERE ADDED TO TEAM CET

NEW CIVIL WAR SCORE ---- Team CET 37 - Team SNALLY 33

Thanks Thanos! You've saved the Civil War! ... now please …. pull your pants up :?

... so with that we keep things moving and we have no more anonymous players left in the competition so the next round is brought to you by Brickwall

Round 7 Image 1