The Players Championship 2018 (Image Game) - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
1717 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Players Championship 2018 (Image Game) - MAIN THREAD - DO NOT POST HERE

Post by philamental »

One more correct answer for image three, which brings us to the final image of the final full round of TPC!

Round 11 Image 4

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

So the last round was Jarmusch's … Mystery Train (1989)

Many will recall that Team CET players score double Civil War points in this round so to make things dramatic I'll reveal the scoring players one by one in the order they answered while providing an update on how that score affects the Civil War

4 pts - nobody

3 pts ….

paulofilmo (CW - CET 53 - SNALLY 57)
bowfinger (CW - CET 59 - SNALLY 57) .... TC takes the lead!!!!
maaxwell (CW - CET 65 - SNALLY 57)
cosmicmonkey (CW - CET 65 - SNALLY 60)
dunbar (CW - CET 71 - SNALLY 60)

2 pts ....

mattorama12 (CW - CET 71 - SNALLY 62)

1 pt ...

brickwall (CW - CET 71 - SNALLY 63)
victoriouz (CW - CET 71 - SNALLY 64)

The round average was 2.4 so snallgaster himself scores 2 points (CW - CET 71 - SNALLY 66)

Wow!!!! I didn't think they would do it even with the helping hand, but Team CET have turned it around and now lead by five points!!! :o

Ok, so I do feel a little guilty about screwing over Team SNALLY but there's still a chance. With one bonus round to go the shoe is on the other foot and Team SNALLY players will score double points for the round! Can there be another late twist?

Here comes the last image of TPC 2018! Answer and final Leaderboard in the morning :)

Bonus Round 6

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

I forgot to get snallygaster's official explanation for the bonus round so I'll have to do one myself!

We start with Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton and Reba McEntire, with Reba pointing out helpfully that she and the other two are Country Music stars. But wait, there is the universal symbol for banning surrounding them! That means there is NO COUNTRY allowed here! Then we have Sid Vicious, Dracula, Zorg and Commissioner Gordon, and all FOUR roles were played by Gary OLDMAN ...

No Country For Old Men (2007)

Again, lets update the Civil War score by score as they came in with Team SNALLY PLAYERS scoring double ...

brickwall (CW - CET 71 - SNALLY 68)
maaxwell (CW - CET 72 - SNALLY 68)
mattorama12 (CW - CET 72 - SNALLY 70)
cosmicmonkey (CW - CET 72 - SNALLY 72) .... and the teams are level!!!!!
bowfinger (CW - CET 73 - SNALLY 72) .... CET back in front by a point!!!!!!!

and there were no further answers so that means that ......... WAIT!!! .... snallygaster gets a point for submitting the bonus round, and I did say that Team S players get double points so that means the final Civil War score is

Team CET 73 - Team SNALLY 74!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Team SNALLY wins by a point!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Well done Team SNALLY! Deserved winners in fairness as they would have won easier if it wasn't for Thanos and me ;)

and so we arrive at the real meat and potatoes, the individual leaderboard to determine the winner and final positions of The Players Championship 2018

The Players Championship 2018 Final Leaderboard

1st snallygaster 23
2nd Maaxwell 19
3rd= Brickwall 13
3rd= cosmicmonkey 13
5th= bowfinger 12
5th= mattorama12 12
5th= Victoriouz 12
8th= paulofilmo 10
8th= dunbar 10
10th cet1412 6
11th CMonster 5
12th= kasper l 2
12th= akilnayak 2

Less drama involved here as snallygaster keeps his lead at the top of the table as expected to take the TPC 2018 title! Well done snallygaster who follows up with winning the first ever Tournament with being the first ever TPC winner!

It was a brave effort from Maaxwell to keep up with snallygaster and 19 points gives him a highly impressive second place well clear of the chasing pack. Below the top two, there was an almighty battle for positions as TPC drew to a close! Third place on the podium was shared by brickwall and cosmicmonkey who both finished strongly in the last few rounds. bowfinger, mattorama12 and victoriouz just fell short in their challenge to get into the top 3 places and had to settle for shared 5th. paulofilmo and dunbar kept chipping away and were rewarded with top 10 slots in shared 8th place, and the missing-in-action/hibernating cet1412 manages to cling on to 10th to round out the top 10.

Well that's it! I hope you all enjoyed TPC. From my own management perspective there were a few little speed bumps along the way but hopefully nothing major to massively derail the fun. The main thing to remember is if you didn't enjoy TPC, blame yourselves as you all submitted the content ;)