Ranking Action Stars

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
zevel6
4227 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Ranking Action Stars

Post by zevel6 »

Really enjoyed the US action stars list. Did feel like you left off two pretty huge action stars - Tom Cruise and Clint Eastwood.

My top 5 -
1. Arnold
2. Tom Cruise
3. Stallone
4. Clint Eastwood
5. Bruce Willis

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

The cutoff for the classic US list was the 80's and unless you count Topgun, Tom Cruise wasn't an action guy until the 90's.
Clint would've been a good one

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Third and final ranking list and this one's twice as long. Modern action stars from all over the world.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

neat! - i hadn't heard of a bunch of these. i'm out of the loop. my action-loving history went something like - hong kong/JCVD - the matrix - [long hiatus] - oldboy. and got into modern dance somewhere along the way (and it's still rare to see it filmed in an interesting way).

not sure if you've come round to anime, but it was samurai champloo that took me out of my martial arts coma. the mise/choreography is gorgeous.

I need to re-watch crouching tiger! the beats and shot/movement dynamism are satisfying in that clip. me gusta

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I never did manage to get into anime. I tried, and will try again at some point, there are a few I'm aware of that seem to fit my tastes

bowfinger
2839 Ratings

Post by bowfinger »

Been a long while since I've seen it, but I think this is a good one you'll like.

https://www.criticker.com/film/Vampire-Hunter-D-2000/

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

^yeah, same dude who did Ninja Scroll, I think. which bw would probably like. a pulpy tarantinoness

but there's a lot of great culture out there

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

no weng weng, no sale

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

brickwall wrote:Yeah, never heard of Amitabh Bachchan. I'm not too familiar with Bollywood beyond a couple of crazy fights scenes I've watched out of context.

That's a shame, because there are some incredible Bollywood action scenes, and trust me, they seldom make much more sense in context.

*That's Akshay Kumar, not Amitabh Bachchan