The Most Under Rated Comedy Duo - Video Essay

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
JSchlansky
4287 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Most Under Rated Comedy Duo - Video Essay

Post by JSchlansky »

New video essay, this one centered around comedy duos, particularly UK comedy duos that are under rated in the US. A lot of great British comedy doesn't make it over to America.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Re: The Most Under Rated Comedy Duo - Video Essay

Post by MacSwell »

I enjoyed that - Peep Show has been my number one favourite sitcom ever since the first series aired when I was twelve, so naturally David Mitchell is an all-time comedy hero. Always nice to see them getting recognition over in the US.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I actually That Mitchell and Webb Look first before seeking out Peep Show and then the panel shows

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

for americans, i guess it's adam & joe. they're frustrating now because i think they both could be doing more. joe's doing bleh movies; adam hosts panel shows occasionally, has a podcast, and gets the devil money from the odd tv ad jingle. bldjdhfhfdfg

But, yeah, i love the footlights chaps, but if could swap brains with anyone, it's bob mortimer, and it feels great how much time you gave him in your essay. someone did a master medley of his wilty appearances. somehow he breaks the show majestically.

(if you like ayoade's travel man, the writing on rhod gilbert's work experience is similarly silly, fun, irreverent.

somehow he breaks the show majestically.

mack and mitchell are like butlins and oxbridge. it gets to the point whn you know what they're going to say before they say it.
Bob. I never have a fucking clue what bob's goin to say. he has a bunch of decades experience doing surreal shows in clubs. it is the weirdest gauntlet, training.
Last edited by paulofilmo on Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

I've seen an episode or two or Rhod's show. I do like Adamn Buxton quite a lot. His panel show appearances are quite fun but I think I'll always remember him as Tim Messenger from Hot Fuzz.