Favorite Mini-Reviews

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
TheDenizen
3114 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Favorite Mini-Reviews

Post by TheDenizen »

http://www.criticker.com/profile/spleen is my latest fave. A sampling:

Iceman (1984) -
"Think of it as "The Thing" meets "ET" meets "Quest For Fire". Meanwhile I'll be over here going through your stuff."

Taken 2 (2012) -
"Philosophical question: Bryan Mills and John McClane are on a plane. Which franchise wins? Answer: whoever punches Famke Janssen in the face first."

Electrocuting an Elephant (1903) -
"Honestly, haven't seen it but I have tickets on reserve for the sequel "Anal Raping Thomas Edison"."

The Fifth Element (1997) -
"If Michael Bay made this, it would've cost 2 billion dollars, had more shots of Milla Jovavich (working on cars, tossing hair, running, etc all in slow motion), Bruce Willis would wear a thong for comedic value and Chris Tucker would've been a robot. Thank you, Luc Besson. Thank you."

Predator (1987) -
"So macho the dvd case had a five o'clock shadow and smelled of cigars."

The Sweetest Thing (2002) -
"If I were stuck on a deserted island with nothing but this movie, a dvd player and a tv, I'd bludgeon myself unconscious with the case to keep from watching it again."

Well done, sir.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

begoniabol's review for The Hannah Montana movie had me in stitches:

I love Hannah Montana, and Miley Cyrus, and her face, and her dad *twitch*, and his triangle goatee, and her dad's accent, and her brother, and Cyrus' face, and *twitch* her teeth, and this movie, and the series, and her *twitch twitch* hair, and her *puke* clothes, and her MAKE-UP. AND HER ACCENT, AND THE HORSES AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

TheDenizen wrote:begoniabol's review for The Hannah Montana movie had me in stitches:

I love Hannah Montana, and Miley Cyrus, and her face, and her dad *twitch*, and his triangle goatee, and her dad's accent, and her brother, and Cyrus' face, and *twitch* her teeth, and this movie, and the series, and her *twitch twitch* hair, and her *puke* clothes, and her MAKE-UP. AND HER ACCENT, AND THE HORSES AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

:lol: :lol: :lol:

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

I love this review by TheDenizen, for one very specific line;

On Karei-naru tsuiseki (1975)

"A female race car driver freelances as a secret agent in order to get revenge on the gangsters who framed and murdered her father. It's a campy mix of 70s kitsch and exploitation sleaze, with lady wrestlers, whip-wielding nuns, ridiculous fashions and a rapist in a bear suit. It's great fun watching Etsuko Shihomi go from adorable and spunky to fierce and deadly with the flip of a switch, and then kick the crap out of everyone Chiba-style."

Awesome, just awesome.

hellboy76
6340 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

From Kojiless, who is always entertaining:

Creature (2011)
"What's more terrifying than a moss-covered half-human, half albino alligator, half inbred swamp dweller? If you guessed "one-foot wide hole in the mud," you win an armadillo (known to carry leprosy, so don't eat it when you get home).

Split Second (1992)
"In the first five minutes, Rutger Hauer enters a British rave club alone and orders two coffees, sweats all over a dead blonde in the loo, and calls a dog a dickhead. And if that doesn't whet your appetite, may I present you with these Kim Cattrall-brand Cattrall Teats (tm)?"

Miller's Crossing (1990)
"Some people might say Steve Buscemi doesn't have the eyes to play a corpse. Oh, how they'd be wrong. Oh, how they'd be wrong."

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

ShogunRua wrote:I love this review by TheDenizen, for one very specific line;

On Karei-naru tsuiseki (1975)

"A female race car driver freelances as a secret agent in order to get revenge on the gangsters who framed and murdered her father. It's a campy mix of 70s kitsch and exploitation sleaze, with lady wrestlers, whip-wielding nuns, ridiculous fashions and a rapist in a bear suit. It's great fun watching Etsuko Shihomi go from adorable and spunky to fierce and deadly with the flip of a switch, and then kick the crap out of everyone Chiba-style."

Awesome, just awesome.

the movie is a ton of fun, but the bear suit rapist is definitely the highlight. You get to see him do his thing more than once. Dude was way ahead of the curve on the whole "furry" thing. :mrgreen:

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

maybe he just typo'd when he was putting in his 100 score and didn't notice?

or was thinking "tier 10" and brainfarted and put 10 as his rating?

Bojangles
2727 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

He missed a zero. Someone should start a 'perplexing reviews' thread though. Maybe I will.

begoniabol
2542 Ratings

Post by begoniabol »

Hahaha oh man. Hilarious.

Uwe Boll's review about Das Erste Semester (1997)

oh haha fuc this one was the shizzz fuuuck i laugh like oh fucking ten times a second!! thanks to my writing, otherwise it wouldve ben shit.. the actors all sucked to...!

mwgerb
2074 Ratings

Post by mwgerb »

Found this gem.

I Spit On Your Grave:
"Remember kids, don't rape or you'll get your dick cut off." - Pillgrum