sinema

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
ribcage
4173 Ratings
Your TCI: na

sinema

Post by ribcage »

In the wake of moviepass's weekend of thrashing, anybody using sinema? Good/bad points about the service or app? I've only averaged 3 movies a month, so with moviepass going to the same price as sinema offers at that level, but without all the restrictions and blackouts and shifting terms and general turmoil, this seems like a no-brainer.

I see alot of people using Amc, but I rotate between 4 chains depending on showtimes and who I'm going with, so locking in with one theatre would be a terrible idea for me.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Re: sinema

Post by JSchlansky »

I'm in on the yearly movie pass cost so I'm locked in there. It does seem to get more inconvenient every time I use it though. I was already at the theater this past weekend with no word/notification that the service was apparently down even though the app seemed to function normally. You can't check in until you're at the theater anyway so there was no way to know the service wasn't functioning until you're already there. Poor form of the company to not be up front about it. They even sent out an apology letter this morning.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I've never heard of Sinemia before this, but I just looked it up and it's actually available in Canada!!!!

I've always been so jealous that the United States got MoviePass, while I've had to sit here paying full price for tickets north of the border, but now that I know there's an equivalent service available here, I'm seriously considering becoming a subscriber.

JSchlansky
4287 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

Movie pass just keeps getting worse. For the past week it hasn't worked properly (More like a month to be honest with the outtages) and now for the past three days the only movies available are Slenderman and The Meg. I'm canceling as long as I can get a refund for what's left of the year I've been billed