What do you set Films In Common Minimum to?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
jeff_h
1422 Ratings
Your TCI: na

What do you set Films In Common Minimum to?

Post by jeff_h »

I've never gone beyond the default 10%, but I recently noticed you can now change this from 3-50%.

Have any of you tinkered with this? What do you think the ideal number to set it to is?

VinegarBob
4157 Ratings

Re: What do you set Films In Common Minimum to?

Post by VinegarBob »

50% - the maximum

I think the less films you've rated the lower you should probably set this figure.

mattorama12
3084 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

I currently have mine set to 15%. I agree that it should generally be higher for people who've rated more movies. On the other hand, the more esoteric your viewing habits, the lower you'd want to make it. At the end of the day, I'd rather err on being too low than too high.

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

dont know where to set it so i guess i have defualt ones...prolly no need to change...

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

I don't know why mine is 8, but my PSIs are solid and I'm scared to mess with it.

hellboy76
6339 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Mine are also at 8 percent for some reason and I wasn't afraid to change it until this guy said something...

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

13%. any higher and i find too many of my fav users are excluded. i am curious to see what would happen if i upped it, but my PSIs are pretty damn good so idk. criticker could actually probably do an algorithm to show every user their most accurate % tbh but i guess that might be a ton of work.

90sCoffee
2237 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

I think if you set it to a threshold that's too low then you'll get a bunch of people in your TCIs who have only seen 400-600 movies and a good chunk of those are popular movies so you aren't really getting very good recommendations here beyond the obvious ones. So for me, I've ranked around 1250 movies + some TV shows and extras. If I set my % to 8 then I'd get a bunch of TCIs that have seen 500 films or so. So I set mine to 15% for now and I have more TCIs that have seen 800+ films.

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

yeah tbh if i'd seen more popular movies i'd probably bump the % up some, but i'd imagine the percentage of popular movies i've seen is lower than most people's.

PrestoBix
2361 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

Mine was default set to 20%. Not sure why. I'll probably just leave it since I watch a lot of movies where less than 50 or 100 others have rated it.