What do you set Films In Common Minimum to?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
livelove
67 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: What do you set Films In Common Minimum to?

Post by livelove »

jeff_h wrote:I've never gone beyond the default 10%, but I recently noticed you can now change this from 3-50%.
can someone please check if that range still is available? for me, the allowed range is 10-50% only.

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

livelove wrote:
jeff_h wrote:I've never gone beyond the default 10%, but I recently noticed you can now change this from 3-50%.
can someone please check if that range still is available? for me, the allowed range is 10-50% only.

I had the 3-50% range and dropped it to 3% to confirm it works and I'll leave it like that for a while for the laugh!

Not sure why you don't have the option so maybe raise it as a bug?

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Perhaps because he has so few rankings?

3% of 66 is, like, 2.

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Wait, what? livelove hasn't rated anything in like four years? I guess that explains the eighty threads about how hard he finds it to rate things

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

medium pizza wrote:Wait, what? livelove hasn't rated anything in like four years?
A perfect demonstration of a logical fallacy. Also, if one has the option of asking someone to find out the truth, it's always better to do that than to construct hypotheses which can (and are in these case) false.

I have >2000 ratings.
Obviously, I cannot import them to Criticker, because after all these years Criticker still lacks an import tool.

medium pizza wrote:I guess that explains the eighty threads about how hard he finds it to rate things
I'm glad you are so good at everything, that's very impressive.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

philamental wrote:I had the 3-50% range and dropped it to 3% to confirm it works and I'll leave it like that for a while for the laugh!
thanks for trying out and confirming that it works for you

paulofilmo wrote:Perhaps because he has so few rankings?
3% of 66 is, like, 2.
yes, I think that's probably the reason

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

livelove wrote:
medium pizza wrote:Wait, what? livelove hasn't rated anything in like four years?
A perfect demonstration of a logical fallacy. Also, if one has the option of asking someone to find out the truth, it's always better to do that than to construct hypotheses which can (and are in these case) false.

I have >2000 ratings.
Obviously, I cannot import them to Criticker, because after all these years Criticker still lacks an import tool.

I didn't ask because it was a joke. I apologize. I dislike myself, I lash out, I hide in trees

I expected you had another account or something, but it is kind of insane that someone who has spent so much time and effort on Criticker for years hasn't taken an hour or two to put those ratings in by hand

livelove wrote:
medium pizza wrote:I guess that explains the eighty threads about how hard he finds it to rate things
I'm glad you are so good at everything, that's very impressive.

This is way funnier than what I wrote, though. Respect

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

medium pizza wrote:an hour or two to put those ratings in by hand
As a matter of principle, I would not do it, even if it took only 10 minutes, because you have to multiply this amount of time by the number of users (thousands), who would need to do manually for what there should have been an import tool many, many years ago. Actually there already is an import tool. It would just have to be modified to allow the whole Criticker range (0-100), not just the 1-10 range. It's beyond me, why this small effort has not been made.

But anyway, it's not 10 minutes. Far from it. Assuming 30 seconds (and that's not even realistic as an average value in the long run) to search and identify the correct film on Criticker, lookup my rating and input the score, it would take 17 hours. Realistically speaking, it would take much longer, (especially if you want to be careful not to confuse namesake films, etc.). I think, it would take a few days of full-time work.

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

if you think this guy's negative, wait til you meet his brother diehate