What website do you prefer for restaurant recommendations?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
nauru
1667 Ratings
Your TCI: na

What website do you prefer for restaurant recommendations?

Post by nauru »

I think Criticker is the best movie recommendation website anywhere, which is why I've been using it for over ten years now. The recommendations are good, and the interface caters to users rather than advertisers. I also find the reviews to be well-written and not long-winded (I am thankful for the character limit). Also, I enjoy the discussions in the forums because it isn't overly snobby.

What do you think is the best food recommendation website, and why?

I'm not a foodie, I just want to keep track of where I eat and maybe have better luck trying places I've never visited before. Kind of like my movie tastes, my food tastes are pretty mainstream. Tonight I'm craving ribs, and I just don't know where is a reliable place to get them in my current small city.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Re: What website do you prefer for restaurant recommendations?

Post by iconogassed »

I use the best website there is : : :

the streets

joseywales
4142 Ratings

Post by joseywales »

yeah go make friends with some bartenders and servers. They know the best places.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

joseywales wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:10 pm
yeah go make friends with some bartenders and servers. They know the best places.
Make friends with strangers? That's the scariest thing I've heard all year and we're in the middle of a pandemic.

christof
1909 Ratings

Post by christof »

My favorite website for restaurants is Happy Cow: https://www.happycow.net/
It is great for finding undiscovered places, particularly for finding entirely meat-free or places with good meat-free options. I find it indispensable when going to visit a new city or town.

The website is small enough (but not too small) that the user reviews have an un-corporate personal feel to them, not unlike Criticker.