Criticker's Ten Most Hated Films of 2020

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Criticker's Ten Most Hated Films of 2020

Post by mpowell »

It's that time of year again! Time to countdown the films most hated by the Criticker community. Now, these aren't the films with the lowest average score, but the films which the highest percentage of you actively hated (defined by a low percentile score, in comparison with your other ratings). And man, do you all have exquisite taste when it comes to hatred.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, when we reveal the twenty most loved films of 2020!

10. Capone - Hate Percentage: 63.33%

"What was this? Totally insane and gross movie about a totally insane and gross man. Nothing redeemable or interesting about this. Nothing to see here beyond the lead performances and a few jaw-droppingly wild scenes. This movie literally shit the bed." - matthagen
9. The Kissing Booth 2 - Hate Percentage: 64%

"As they drove off into the sunset along the cliff road, my girlfriend said "oh no, they're all going to die". I was sad when they didn't." - christof
8. Dolittle - Hate Percentage: 69.1%

"Ouch. This is a mess. The half of the film's script that I could understand through Robert Downey Jr.'s confusing accent was lackluster and dull that overused voiceover, even robbing the film of what could have been entertaining sequences. The pop culture references are stale, the animation poor, and quite honestly the world might be better off without Dolittle existing. " - jacobclark12
7. Brahms: The Boy II - Hate Percentage: 69.74%

"the real horror is how boring this is" - rihrey
6. The Turning - Hate Percentage: 72.31%

"This movie is entirely perplexing to me. I don't get what it was trying to do with the time period. I don't get what it was trying to say about the kids. I don't get why it felt like that ending was satisfying to anyone. People in my theater literally screamed "That's it?" and I couldn't agree more." - Groovy_Souls
5. Like a Boss - Hate Percentage: 74.58%

"Like a Boss is an atrocious movie. The script is tirade of double standards and hypocrisy under the guise of female empowerment. The message that friendship wins at the end of the day is contrary to the plot of the entire movie and undermined by the characters being bad people. Byrne and Haddish seem to be entrenching their positions in the dud-comedy genre. It’s not even entertaining enough to hate, just apathetically sigh as each line of badly written dialogue is recited. " - amazedemon
4. Fantasy Island - Hate Percentage: 74.84%

"Really stupid movie with no internal logic at all. Looks like it had its budget slashed when they realized it was stupid. The most unconvincing villain of all time. Big time idiots all around. Somehow ends with about 10 plot twists in a row." - ABUNCHOFCATS
3. The Grudge - Hate Percentage: 77.23%

"This might be the worst film this century. Nothing works." - LordBeefJerk
2. Artemis Fowl - Hate Percentage: 85.86%

"500 characters is not enough to adequately describe the sheer length and breadth of awful this movie contains. From taking out any interesting characterisation from the books and replacing it with sanitised cliches, to the wooden performances, disastrously hurried pacing, and nonsensical direction.....it is truly a perfect storm of dogshit." - Bown
1. The Last Thing He Wanted - Hate Percentage: 89.33%

"Just kinda boring, and that shouldn't be the case with this premise and the cast involved. I mean, Dafoe, Affleck and Hathaway and there's very little of note in the entire movie? Sure, Hathaway emotes when she has to and it's fine, but it never really hits the notes that it has to. The ending is a little sad, but that's about it. Mostly it's just a hard-to-follow plot that doesn't reveal much of interest when you do figure out what's going on." - Obdurate