[Userscript] Criticker Probable Score Hider

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
lell186
765 Ratings
Your TCI: na

[Userscript] Criticker Probable Score Hider

Post by lell186 »

I found that when I came to rating movies I was influenced by the probable score so wanted a way to remove it when browsing or rating movies. Not sure if anyone will enjoy this as much as I do since the probable score is a key feature here. I like the recommendations from similar users but want an environment where I can review things without knowing what Criticker thinks I'll say!

I like to know the colour range Criticker has provided so that when I am reviewing the recommendations I know generally what I'm getting myself into when selecting my next flick and it helps me avoid watching movies that Criticker thinks I will give an average score (so the colour behind the rating has been left untouched). The greasy fork page has an example of how it looks when activated if anyone is interested.

Greasy Fork Link

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Re: [Userscript] Criticker Probable Score Hider

Post by iconogassed »

lell186 wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:20 am
I found that when I came to rating movies I was influenced by the probable score
This is interesting to me. How exactly did you realize that the Criticker PSI was influencing your judgment? Did you find yourself unable to disobey its call?

lell186
765 Ratings

Post by lell186 »

Hit the nail on the head there... my gut feel was different from the PSI but I found it ( :twisted: ) made me second guess my rating and revise my score.

lell186
765 Ratings

Post by lell186 »

Thank you! I'll definitely take the second suggestion and add that to ublock origin. I like the implementation I shared better for the probable score indicator because I get to keep the green background to know if it's worth giving a shot or not :roll:.