The 10 Most-Hated Films of 2021

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The 10 Most-Hated Films of 2021

Post by mpowell »

As we do every year, we'll be taking a look at the tops and flops in film, according to the Criticker community. First up, the flops.

These are the most-hated films. This is a little different than the films which received the overall lowest average -- these are the ones which most-frequently landed in the bottom percentile's of each user's ratings. Not the films which "people generally disliked", but the ones which most people loathed. And in a year as hateful as 2021, these must really be something!

10. Sweet Girl - Hate Percentage: 64.71%

"One of the worst movies I've seen this year. The script and directing are so terrible that there were scenes that I laughed at while watching. The only reason I gave this movie a 20 is because it made me laugh." - feritdgn

9. The Unholy - Hate Percentage: 66.2%

"Imagine how great this could've been if actually directed instead of just produced by Raimi. The material itself is not bad -- the possible deception behind alleged miracles, false prophets, old demons lying in rotten trees --, it just didn't have the ideal treatment -- although JDM is really cool. One second of Black Sunday is better than this whole thing." - moraesfelipe

8. Snake Eyes - Hate Percentage: 66.98%

"An origin story that nobody asked for, presented in a manner that few will care about." - philamental

7. Infinite - Hate Percentage: 70.09%

"Imagine if you could retain memories and skills beyond your death through reincarnation. What a wonderful possibility for knowledge and progress. Imagine that instead of a film about that, we got random unexplained magick and shitty stunts. None of the character's actions make sense, none of the fights have meaning. Sad." - goremeat

6. Tom and Jerry - Hate Percentage: 70.86%

"Oh no oh no oh no why why why why why this shouldn't exist and if it does how was this even allowed to be released in a year largely without theaters." - jacobclark12

5. Locked Down - Hate Percentage: 70.97%

"The kind of jigsaw-with-half-the-pieces-missing soulless waste-of-two-hours-of-your-life film that makes you, a middle aged white man who never wrote anything entertaining ever think 'No but really, *could* I be a writer?'" - jlewis

4. Thunder Force - Hate Percentage: 71.11%

"This is like one of those fake bad movies they show in good movies about making bad movies." - BeeDub

3. Space Jam: A New Legacy - Hate Percentage: 71.38%

""The New Space Jam is an Apocalyptic Horror" is one of the most appropriate review titles I've seen. It's frightening the WB execs don't even realize they've written themselves into a script straight simping for an algorithm that upgrades their IPs into bastardized, unholy heaps of CGI pustules with no regard for the fun or respect these products once had. Like no one realizes this is the plot of Hook but the studio's lost their goddamn marbles." - Mentaculus

2. Cinderella - Hate Percentage: 76.19%

"what if cinderella was a girlboss entrepreneur networking at a ball to support her royal failson boyfriend" - sheepslasher

1. Cosmic Sin - Hate Percentage: 94%

"It's 2021 and Bruce Willis is still asleep. Everybody else is just kind of there and I can't figure out if we as movie fans should like Grillo or not. Besides that, this is just a bog standard sci-fi flick but it's not smart enough to say whatever it is it's trying to say, nor is the plot interesting enough to stay invested in. Characters, where are they? Action, I mean, people shoot guns anyway. Never getting a match on Tinder is more fun than this." - Obdurate