Big Changes to TCI Regeneration!

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
mpowell
1200 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Big Changes to TCI Regeneration!

Post by mpowell »

Shoot. Okay, we've verified this issue is back. We'll take a look as soon as we can, and let you know once it's fixed (hopefully for good!)

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

We identified another place where test users were possibly entering the TCI table, and have cleaned them up. Please let us know if this issue re-appears!

sfx112
1928 Ratings

Post by sfx112 »

I'm not sure this issue has been resolved. There are still users that have seem to have rated everything with one score (e.g., awirthy and Italo) in my top 1000 TCI list. The only difference is that now I don't see a message to the effect of "Can't generate TCI because there's not enough breath in their scoring" when I look at their profile.

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Shoot... okay, I've re-opened the bug. We'll take another look... sorry about that!

BadCosmonaut
4388 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I'm confused about the user robot2xl. On his profile page you can see the list of movies he recently rated. But if you click into one of those movies, his username and score don't show up in the Ratings > All Rankings list. For example, robot2xl gave the movie Mali svet a 73, but if you click into Mali svet, only 1 user has rated it.

What's going on here? Is this some kind of test account?

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

It's not one of our test accounts... we'll take a look. It's possible that some data was messed up during a recent back-end reorganization of our rating tables. But I thought we had fixed everything up!

KasperL
7224 Ratings

Post by KasperL »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Sponsors, of course, will still have their TCIs and PSIs fully regenerated every single day. (Because sponsors are the best!)

Pretty neat change. I agree about a button (maybe on our account preferences page) to permanently hide the box, as I can't think of a reason I'd ever need to see it.

I agree with BadCosmonaut and ramynoodle that it would be preferable to be able to hide the box.

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

sfx112 wrote:I'm not sure this issue has been resolved. There are still users that have seem to have rated everything with one score (e.g., awirthy and Italo) in my top 1000 TCI list. The only difference is that now I don't see a message to the effect of "Can't generate TCI because there's not enough breath in their scoring" when I look at their profile.

This should now be fixed again. Thanks for letting us know about the problem!

mpowell
1200 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, I think we've got this one fixed... for real this time, hopefully! Please let us know if ignored users re-appear in your TCI lists.

jeff_h
1422 Ratings

Post by jeff_h »

I noticed ignored users are still involved in the calculations of my PSIs. On a film page it will only show 2 users within my top 1000, but it will still give me a PSI despite being under the minimum of 3. When I click the number of the PSI to show how it's calculated, it shows 4 users, 2 of which I have ignored.

edit: unignoring/reignoring the offending users seemed to remove them