Return To: Board Index | Feature Requests

Exclude TV episodes in Explore Database

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Risselada
3020 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Exclude TV episodes in Explore Database

Postby Risselada » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:07 am

kritikos wrote:The best solution is to add episodes to their own TV episodes category and let users save a set of filters as their default view of the full database.

I think that should also be a solution, but I also think we should only add episodes if they are part of anthology series.

Risselada
3020 Ratings

Postby Risselada » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:40 pm

mpowell, can you respond?

Thanks

Luna6ix
3672 Ratings

Postby Luna6ix » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:52 pm

Risselada wrote:And why is this allowed? https://www.criticker.com/tv/The-Reichenbach-Fall/

It's an episode of the show "Sherlock" which I haven't seen but I'm pretty sure is not an anthology series or "stand alone" type movies. It has the same characters and cast from episode to episode.

My primary reason for viewing "Sherlock" as worthy comes down to length. The episodes are 90 minutes, far exceeding a standard TV series, and fitting snugly in the perameters of an average movie. I can't be the only person who thinks so, considering "Sherlock's" award nominations include "best TV movie". Just because some of them continue storyline is beside the point, if that were a disqualifier, then we would also need to consider merging movies like "The Hobbit".

Risselada
3020 Ratings

Postby Risselada » Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Luna6ix. I didn't realize those aspects of it.

Return to “Feature Requests”