iPhone app

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
r.Din
2885 Ratings
Your TCI: na

iPhone app

Post by r.Din »

Is any work being done on an iPhone app port of Criticker to allow us access to our PSIs/rankings etc on the move? Would be awesome to stand in a cinema foyer looking at films and checking Criticker for the one I'm most likely to like!!

OR, I see Flixster already have an app which can include ratings from Rotten Tomatoes. It would be very cool if they could pull our PSIs... perhaps somebody could talk to them about this?

Cheers,

Mark

vincente
395 Ratings

Re: iPhone app

Post by vincente »

Thank you for the post. We are planning already a mobile version for whole a set of different phones, not just the iPhone. It will be free of charge and you just have to point your phone browser to a specific landing page on Criticker. That's at least what we have on our mind for now. We will be announcing on Twitter first when we start working on it.

neurophate
3314 Ratings

Post by neurophate »

I'm looking forward for a mobile version. Any news?

adgrimes
297 Ratings

Post by adgrimes »

2 years on... Any news on this? A dedicated app is where it's at - would even pay for an iPhone app...

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Agreed! iPhone app - PLEASE!!

Moribunny
5505 Ratings

Post by Moribunny »

That would be awesome!

adgrimes
297 Ratings

Post by adgrimes »

2 years on from my last post... Any news?
Do we just hit a mobile version of the browser?

Filligan
1575 Ratings

Post by Filligan »

Haha, Jesus, can't wait to see no news on this in six more years.

adgrimes
297 Ratings

Post by adgrimes »

Movieboy - trust me... I remember those times :)

I'm happy for it to just be an alternative URL that we hit from a mobile device. But the least that could be done is someone to say so in this thread, so that we know to stop badgering them :)

One thing that is to be said for native apps though... I'd pay a few quid for it. Meaning the developers could actually earn some cash from it too. There's no downside to creating one then...

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

adgrimes wrote:Movieboy - trust me... I remember those times :)

One thing that is to be said for native apps though... I'd pay a few quid for it. Meaning the developers could actually earn some cash from it too. There's no downside to creating one then...

Unfortunately designing, developing and deploying apps for the mobile market doesn't come cheap (ignoring marketing and other stuff as well). The user base of Criticker is relatively small, and those ones with an apple device is even smaller. And of those willing to pay is even smaller.... The few quid you get for the installs won't make this a profitable enterprise. So you are left with a 'hobbyist' who is willing to make an app in his spare time. And even that chance is getting slimmer as android is getting bigger and bigger and a lot of developers are moving in that direction....

So don't expect an iphone app anytime soon....