Keep default tab at 'Ratings'

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
whatismyname
2153 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Keep default tab at 'Ratings'

Post by whatismyname »

I don't know when this started or how often it occurs (1 in 10 times?) but when I open up a film, I'd like it to have the 'Ratings' tab automatically opened, not the 'Buy' tab.

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Re: Keep default tab at 'Ratings'

Post by cagedwisdom »

Think this started happening yesterday, as I'd never seen it before and it happened.. Probably 5 or so times yesterday. For some reason I thought it was happening 'cause I accidentally touched the "Buy" tab though, didn't really think it was a site issue. :P

epiphany
0 Ratings

Post by epiphany »

I think it is intentional. If it means more money for Criticker, I'm find with moving my finger half a centimetre and clicking the 'Ratings' tab.

Grit
799 Ratings

Post by Grit »

It seems to be happening in about 1 in 5 pages consitently, so I'm sure it's intentional. If it helps the site keep a decent revenue coming in for the site, it's fine by me on occasion.

td888
3955 Ratings

Post by td888 »

I'm getting this tab all the time. Once in a while I don't mind, but this is getting very annoying. I understand Criticker wants to generate some income, but this is pissing me off.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

If anyone works out an edit (firebug, or what have you), then please let us know/msg.

Of course, preferably the mods will tell us, with the strict understanding that nothing will be implemented.
*wink wink, nudge nudge, dervish dervish*
:D

cagedwisdom
2090 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

This is for some reason happening more and more.. Just now browsing some films, I swear I got the "Buy" tab 5/6 times. Once in a while is fine, but.. Come on. This is hardly user-friendly. :?

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

word to this, guys, i've been kind of pissed about this also, it's quite annoying; actually i've been considering bringing it up since the second time it happened to me which was on the first day it started happening. i doubt that it was intentional though, the moderators wouldnt do that to us.

EDIT: i just intentionally checked it out to see how often it happened i searched quigley down under and 7/10 times i got the buy page, if that is intentional it is unacceptable.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

The rate you should be seeing the Buy tab is 1 out of 5. That is, 4 out of 5 loads should lead to the ratings tab. This has worked out correctly in our internal testing, so I'm confused as to how you might be experiencing 7 out of 10 going to "Buy". The frequency does increase slightly when there is a special product for the film, but even then it's just 1 out of 4.

Non-registered users (guests) have an increased hit rate.

Check it out again, and let me know if you continue to see the Buy tab more frequently than you should.

Quicky
786 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

opening up 56 film pages from my top rankings, I got 11 times the Buy tab out of 56, which is pretty much the 1/5 mpowell mentioned. Of course one should be aware that we humans are very susceptible to patterns (streaks). So even if the real rate is only 1/5, we will "see" on average maybe 1/3.