Kumpels Near Me

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Kumpels Near Me

Post by MmzHrrdb »

I'd love to be able to search for users by location so I could find movie-lovers that actually live in the same time-zone as me. Who knows maybe instead of talking about movies in a forum, we could do it the old fashioned way, over a cup of coffee.

Filligan
1575 Ratings

Re: Kumpels Near Me

Post by Filligan »

Stalker alert.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

We do plan on this, actually... making the country and city elements clickable, so that you can find other users in your region. It'll be a good way to meet some people in your area.

iceblox
3591 Ratings

Post by iceblox »

Filligan wrote:Stalker alert.

I see what you are saying. But I guess it will be interesting to see who's near me, if those folks don't mind others knowing about their location. If you don't want people to know about your location, don't put the location in your profile.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I'm commenting on this so it can boosted to the top. For a long time, I've wanted to be able to search for users by location, and I can't imagine it'd be too hard since location is already (optionally) included in the user's pages.

For example, I've been trying to watch more Quebecois films but it's hard to find many good resources about them online. Being able to search for other users in Quebec, for example. or at least, Canada, would be greatly appreciated.

Who knows, maybe with the ability to filter by location criticker's would be able to organize local criticker movie clubs or something. That'd be cool. I know if some nearby user invited me to watch something and I was free I would show up, even if it was an hour and half drive away.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

I took a look through our list of future enhancements, and didn't see this one there. So I've added it. It would be a neat feature.