ignore/hide collections

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
whatismyname
2153 Ratings
Your TCI: na

ignore/hide collections

Post by whatismyname »

I think it's been brought up before, but I'd like to be able to ignore/hide collections from showing up on a films page. I have no interest in people's public and private collections of their owned dvds or their netflix queues.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: ignore/hide collections

Post by mpowell »

Yeah, this is something that we've already got listed in our to-do queue. Ignore collection would be similar to ignoring films.

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

Please, at least make one's own collections easier to access than the other's collections. I have to scroll down the long list of other's collections to add or remove the film to/from my own collection. At least put one's own collections to the top of the list.

andr
1785 Ratings

Post by andr »

I believe there is a problem with terminology too. The "private" collections are not in fact private. they are visible to everyone, clattering the list of collections. I believe, many "private" ones should be made "hidden", but I think the users who created them are not aware of this.
Last edited by andr on Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

BadCosmonaut
4399 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I don't want to have to go through and ignore hundreds if not thousands of collections just so I don't have to see a huge list of collections on movie pages. There needs to be a better solution than ignoring them one by one. Most of the collections need to be invisible. Also, certain collections should be at the very top of the list, such as my own collections, then possibly eponymous collections for a series/franchise and my starred collections. All the junk like "My films viewed in January 2011" and "Films to rewatch by user xyz" and "My DVD collection" needs to be permanently hidden from everyone else.

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

There are many private 'diary'-type collections that have stars from other users, often several, and many starred private collections that are private because they represent published or otherwise finite lists, and other users are therefore prevented from erroneously adding films (which does happen).