Mutual Kumpels

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
garethm
453 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Mutual Kumpels

Post by garethm »

I've suggested this before a long time ago but it hasn't been taken up but I would like to ask again is it possible to see who has added me as a Kumpel. I'm not a great review writer but I like to say something about each film and would be interested if anyone out there is paying any attention.

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Re: Mutual Kumpels

Post by TheDenizen »

I fully support this notion, it'd be nice to see who likes us :)

TheDenizen
3114 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

bump for consideration.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

"Mutual Kumpels" sounds like a feature that would show which, if any, Kumpels a user you are looking at shares with you, not who has put you as a Kumpel.

Both of those are good ideas, tho.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This one is still in our list... from 2008! Sorry for the length of time it's taking to arrive at, but we haven't forgotten.

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Thought I'd give this feature request a bump. I reckon most users would like to see who has selected them as a kumpel (I know I would!).

philamental
1717 Ratings

Post by philamental »

For the record, I'm delighted with the anonymity of being able to add someone as a kumpel without them knowing, so in turn it doesn't bother me that I can't see who has added me. I don't want to see criticker turn in to some sort of weak social media site where you're flooded with 'x has added you as a kumpel' notifications, and there's an etiquette pressure to add them back. I realise I'm probably pissing in the wind here to leave things as is, but that's my view for what it's worth.

iconogassed
7286 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

philamental wrote:For the record, I'm delighted with the anonymity of being able to add someone as a kumpel without them knowing, so in turn it doesn't bother me that I can't see who has added me. I don't want to see criticker turn in to some sort of weak social media site where you're flooded with 'x has added you as a kumpel' notifications, and there's an etiquette pressure to add them back. I realise I'm probably pissing in the wind here to leave things as is, but that's my view for what it's worth.

Agree with all of this. Criticker is unique among sites of its kind in not embracing social media's perversion (purification?) of community and I hope it remains that way

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

philamental wrote:For the record, I'm delighted with the anonymity of being able to add someone as a kumpel without them knowing, so in turn it doesn't bother me that I can't see who has added me. I don't want to see criticker turn in to some sort of weak social media site where you're flooded with 'x has added you as a kumpel' notifications, and there's an etiquette pressure to add them back. I realise I'm probably pissing in the wind here to leave things as is, but that's my view for what it's worth.

You make some good points. My opinion has been swayed considerably! ;)

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Also agreeing with this.