Film Submissions - New Updates

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Film Submissions - New Updates

Post by mpowell »

We just posted on the blog about new updates to the Film Submission form. The gist:
submissions are now automatically added to the database

Get the full information here:
http://www.criticker.com/blog/index.php ... w-updates/

sengir
4050 Ratings

Re: Film Submissions - New Updates

Post by sengir »

Nice one, thanks a lot.

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

OK, I took it on my own to test this and uploaded a short film, 'Film Noir' (even uploaded the whole thing to YouTube myself). Right now I see two problems in it:

1) My plot summary was cut down to two words for no reason;
2) The blue box at the right, when later the rankings of different users will appear, dissapears when I scroll the page down (I use Internet Explorer 7). This problem happened a lot in Gamma version, so I guess you already have the solution.

Other than that, awesome feature. Thanks!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

KGB wrote:1) My plot summary was cut down to two words for no reason;
2) The blue box at the right, when later the rankings of different users will appear, dissapears when I scroll the page down (I use Internet Explorer 7). This problem happened a lot in Gamma version, so I guess you already have the solution.

For the plot summary being cut down -- did you use any special characters or quotes? I've just fixed an issue where a double quote (") was causing cut-off... If you see it happen again, could you email us the text of the summary you're trying to add?

KGB
1335 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Yeah, I did use the " character. But the actual plot summary explains the technique better than me, so leave it as it is.

PS: All of you should really check out 'Film Noir'. It's three minutes long and it's definitely a little something you will never forget.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

KGB wrote:2) The blue box at the right, when later the rankings of different users will appear, dissapears when I scroll the page down (I use Internet Explorer 7). This problem happened a lot in Gamma version, so I guess you already have the solution.

I've just confirmed this as a style bug with IE7. I'm surprised we've never noticed it before, so it's likely related to the recent changes.

Thanks for catching it! We'll be fixing this soon.

Scottathon
2357 Ratings

Post by Scottathon »

Are the films that were in the submission queue prior to this new feature going to be added, or should we readd them using the new form?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Scottathon wrote:Are the films that were in the submission queue prior to this new feature going to be added, or should we readd them using the new form?

No need to resubmit! We're still working on those, but it might take a couple weeks. Thanks for asking!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

mpowell wrote:
KGB wrote:2) The blue box at the right, when later the rankings of different users will appear, dissapears when I scroll the page down (I use Internet Explorer 7). This problem happened a lot in Gamma version, so I guess you already have the solution.

I've just confirmed this as a style bug with IE7. I'm surprised we've never noticed it before, so it's likely related to the recent changes.

Thanks for catching it! We'll be fixing this soon.

Fixed... thanks again for the report!

Zaltys
1207 Ratings

Post by Zaltys »

Would it be possible to add few more fields to the film submissions? Specifically, the genres and the writer.
Many of the new submissions lack those, and it seems like a lot of work for everyone involved if those have to be added manually afterwards...