Filmmaker List minimum

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
djross
5326 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Filmmaker List minimum

Post by djross »

Why not set the minimum number of films on the Filmmaker List page at one? Even if the default position remains at three, would it not increase flexibility to allow users to change it to less than that if they wish to do so?

lisa-
1907 Ratings

Re: Filmmaker List minimum

Post by lisa- »

i was going to post this at some stage. in fact the main reason to be able to set it at one is to see all the filmmakers you've seen movies by.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll look into implementing this.

lisa-
1907 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

hmm. not to push, but is it possible this could be fast-tracked? it doesn't seem like it would be a particularly difficult modification, and even though i've only just hit 1000 films there's now a huge number of directors i've seen only one or two films by, many great, and it's quite difficult to remember them all. i don't want to forget some potentially great filmmakers.

Dubbton
25 Ratings

Post by Dubbton »

I would also appreciate this and ya seems like it could be easy to do

5Z5qjRCfM2
1391 Ratings

Post by 5Z5qjRCfM2 »

I would also like this feature.

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Personally, I get somewhat pre-occupied with having as many filmmakers as possible in my Filmmaker List (ie. with a 3 film minimum), so the potential to get another director onto this list frequently shapes what I decide to watch.

I keep a list in my phone (that I can only assume is incomplete) of directors with two films I've seen. I'm sure there's every likelihood that I'm the only one interested in this idea, but some kind of additional page showing a user's filmmakers who only need one more ranking to reach the magic three would be kinda cool. Of course, one could argue that this could be done more easily by just reducing the three film threshold outright.