[planned:-)] dropdown list for starred collections

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
livelove
67 Ratings
Your TCI: na

[planned:-)] dropdown list for starred collections

Post by livelove »

I hope you like this idea, I find it quite useful:

When assigning a film to a collection, chances are that a user will choose either
• one of the user's own collections
• or a collection the user has starred.

However there is only a drop-down list for the former.

So my idea is to add a drop-down list for the user's starred collections:

This way, the user can find the needed collection much more quickly than by using the searchbox, especially
- if the user doesn't remember the exact collection name or
- if there are similar collections of which the user doesn't know by heart the one he/she has starred.

Both cases actually happen quite regularly to me (especially the 2nd one).

(A true) case in point for the 1st scenario:
User enters "virus" in the searchbox, finds nothing. User enters "outbreak" in the searchbox", finds nothing. The collection he starred was called "epidemic". Or the user searches for "monster" and "kill" without finding his starred collection called "Something's picking us off!".

(A true) case in point for the 2nd scenario:
In order to add a serial killer movie to a collection, the user enters "serial killer" in the collection tab's searchbox and gets 2 results: "serial killer" and "serial killer movie". One collection is actively maintained (latest addition just days ago), has 200+ entries and a moderator. The other collection is orphaned, has just 4 entries and was last updated 3 years ago. Now, if the user doesn't remember by heart, just from the name, which collection is which, the user has to make the extra detour to search again in the collections sections or – worse – might end up using the wrong collection if he/she thinks to remember but unknowingly confuses the displayed collection results.

A dropdown list for starred collections would prevent both of these 2 problems.
Last edited by livelove on Wed Dec 16, 2015 5:50 am, edited 3 times in total.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: [new] adding drop-down list for starred collections

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the suggestion! We can see how that would make life easier, and have added it to our lists.

livelove
67 Ratings

Re: [planned:-)] adding dropdown list for starred collection

Post by livelove »

glad you like it. cheers :)

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: [planned:-)] dropdown list for starred collections

Post by mpowell »

We've just implemented this suggestion! Thanks for the idea. More details here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=6742