[noted] recently viewed films

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
livelove
67 Ratings
Your TCI: na

[noted] recently viewed films

Post by livelove »

What would be a lovely enhancement to your site, is a list of the user's recently viewed movies and people (filmmakers).

Advantages:
      1) It would come in very handy when you can't for the life of you remember that interesting film you stumbled across on Criticker 5 weeks ago (happens a lot to me :roll:).
      2) Other than that, it's just a nice (say user experience here) reminder of the films and filmmakers you last visited.

I see 2 different implementation possibilities:

A) A thumbnail row like IMDB has at the bottom of each page (see screenshot below).
    A similar thumbnail row at the page bottom would certainly look nice on Criticker, too.

B) Alternatively, it could be handled as an automatically generated private collection entitled "recently viewed films" … much like "submitted films". It would still have advantage 1 but not advantage 2 and couldn't store filmmakers, I assume. It could also be implemented in addition to the thumbnail row (visited films would then go both into the thumbnail row and the collection).

>>Image

And of course you could do both :)
    If you want the site to stay lean and simple, the 2nd method would obviously be the way to go.
    On the other hand, if you prefer the 1st method, I suspect it wouldn't need much code to add the 2nd method also, given that this is the way you already handle similar cases (like submitted films).
    Last edited by livelove on Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:22 am, edited 3 times in total.

mpowell
    1201 Ratings
    Your TCI: na

Re: [new] recently viewed films

Post by mpowell »

That's a neat idea! We've written it down as something to consider for the future. Thanks!