video games please

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
iconogassed
7281 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: video games please

Post by iconogassed »

Maaxwell wrote:Please never add video games.

okayfrog
1279 Ratings

Post by okayfrog »

lisa- wrote:rateyourmusic is introducing a video game site soon ("glitchwave") and it's probably gonna be the best thing out there. it probably won't quite predict your score, but otherwise it's a very solid interface.

Glitchwave is in beta at the moment. There are little things I don't like about the site (the way fighting games are broken up is annoying), but for the most part it seems serviceable. Wish it worked like Criticker where I can see what games the algorithm thinks I'd enjoy the most, but it's something at least. Hoping it's successful as there isn't a successful video games rating website out there.

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Please please please don't add any more categories like books or video games or whatever else until we can apply negative filters.

Honestly if someone told me they were launching a site like this, I would tell them to not even consider launching without negative filters. It is a fundamental, basic feature that I would go so far as to say is a must have for this sort of database. I think adding it should be a top priority. It would be so helpful and save me a lot of time to be able to exclude certain genres and/or countries when browsing the full database.

https://www.criticker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4162

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

No, As much as I would love to see something like criticker for video games, I agree, that the mediums should be segregated. There should be one set of TCIs and PSIs for film/television, and one set of TCIs and PSIs for video games. For example, clicking on someone's profile would show both their Film TCI and the Videogame TCI with you. The mediums are too fundamentally different for a comparison of tastes within/between the two to really be meaningful, and I don't think that someone's tastes in one medium should be able to influence the recommendations in another.

Although negative filters should be a thing regardless.

lisa-
1907 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

okayfrog wrote:
lisa- wrote:rateyourmusic is introducing a video game site soon ("glitchwave") and it's probably gonna be the best thing out there. it probably won't quite predict your score, but otherwise it's a very solid interface.

Glitchwave is in beta at the moment. There are little things I don't like about the site (the way fighting games are broken up is annoying), but for the most part it seems serviceable. Wish it worked like Criticker where I can see what games the algorithm thinks I'd enjoy the most, but it's something at least. Hoping it's successful as there isn't a successful video games rating website out there.

there will probably be a recommendation engine given there's one for music and film already, but it probably won't predict your score. one really good thing they'll be adding is the ability to view all the different charts based on your compatibility list, i.e. your top TCIs. their chart and genre systems are the major things that are much superior to criticker at the moment. on the other hand, criticker's flexible rating system and recommendation engine are more robust.

90sCoffee
2242 Ratings

Post by 90sCoffee »

I find it annoying to have to uncheck TV shows when I'm searching the database let alone adding video games.

I don't care if video games are added but by default, the checkmark for them (as well as TV imo) should be UNCHECKED when doing a search of the database or getting PSIs.