Sort/filter by number of TCIs ratings

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Nacho353
1777 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Sort/filter by number of TCIs ratings

Post by Nacho353 »

I've found that the number of ratings by TCIs is quite an useful pice of information when looking for recommendations.

It sort of tell you how relevant is the movie among the kind of movies you like. For example Neon Demon has around 100 TCIs ratings (about the fifth most rated movie by my TCIs of the year). So, although is has a fairly low PSI, it seems like a relevant movie for me to watch. Perhaps it is one of those love or hate movies. Anyway, it seems to be quite a must watch for me, but I couldn't tell that by its PSI or its general popularity.

On the other hand Now You See Me 2 has about 10 TCIs ratings so, although it is quite popular in general, it seems like the movie is of no interest to me.

If I had a way to filter or sort the database by popularity among my TCI I would spot relevant movies like Neon Demon much more easier, while I could filter out the kind of movies I am no interested in like Now You See Me 2.

That's it, I found myself losing to much time counting the number of TCI ratings of movies while this feature could make my life so much easier. I hope I've made myself clear.

Thanks!

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Re: Sort/filter by number of TCIs ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Great idea. I second this.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Sort/filter by number of TCIs ratings

Post by mpowell »

That's a good idea... it seems like this might be a really interesting way to see which films your most-similar users are watching. We'll write it down :)