Have a forum on each movie page, and delete the general "movie-specific" forum

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
livelove
67 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Have a forum on each movie page, and delete the general "movie-specific" forum

Post by livelove »

BadCosmonaut wrote:I agree this could bring people in. I also agree that no other movie forum has yet to rise up to replace the IMDB specific-movie forums on their movie pages, and that some site will eventually rise up to fill that void. Criticker could try to get in there while the getting's good.

Completely agreed. I don't know if the site owners want their site to grow. But if they do, I really consider this a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Have a forum on each movie page, and delete the general "movie-specific" forum

Post by mpowell »

We do have plans to work on this. It's been in our queue for awhile, and appreciate the extra notes.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

mpowell wrote:We do have plans to work on this. It's been in our queue for awhile, and appreciate the extra notes.

cool. it's great to hear that! thanks for letting us know.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

Anomaly1 wrote:Great idea, though I think if it were to be implemented, the "movie-specific" forum should be retained as a collection of all the threads for movies that people have posted in, so you can see the most recent/active discussions, etc.

My idea of implementing this, would be:
Put all topic headlines for a film directly on this film's criticker page
(e.g. in a box with scroll bars, similar to the way the scores are presented)
and add a button "create new discussion topic for this film" (or similar).
The created topics should be linked TO both from the film's page (as just described) AND from within the "movie-specific" forum. The latter helps to spot the currently active threads.