Improve Filmmaker List page

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
djross
5318 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Improve Filmmaker List page

Post by djross »

The Filmmaker List page can be fun to manipulate, but the mechanism for doing so is less enjoyable. As it stands, every single variation of the criteria by which the list is organised or sorted or ordered requires a separate press of a button. This means that if I want to look at "actors, organised by #rankings, with a 10-title minimum", I have to work my way through three screens of information I'm not interested in, just to get to the one I want to see.

Would it not be preferable to organise it more like the film database page, where I can adjust each of the settings, then hit "go" or "apply" (I've never understood why there are separate buttons labelled as "go" and "apply" on that page, but that's a separate issue), so I get to my desired destination in one step, rather than three? If this isn't too difficult a change to introduce, I think it could significantly improve the usability of the Filmmaker List.

mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Improve Filmmaker List page

Post by mpowell »

Yeah, I could see that being possible ... I suppose we never recognized the need for this, but you make a good point about how many separate steps are necessary to get what you want.

We've added this to our list of future ideas. Thanks for the suggestion!