New Feature: Titles On Netflix

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

New Feature: Titles On Netflix

Post by mpowell »

We've been working on this for awhile, and now ... it's almost ready. You might have already noticed a new item under the "Explore" menu... "On Netflix".

"On Netflix" is an alternative view of the regular films database, and has all the filters and options you're already used to. The only difference is, it's restricted to titles that are currently on Netflix (US). The lists will be updated once a week, and any new titles which have been added will be highlighted as such. You'll be able to do things like:
List Netflix Titles by PSI
... or by Number of Ratings
Create filters like... Horror from the 80's
or ... Animated Films You've Already Seen
or ... Documentaries You Haven't Seen in order of your PSI
Just Newly Added Titles
Recent TV Shows

etc, etc. As you already know from using the regular database, the options are almost limitless.

For the first month, we're leaving this new feature in beta, so that we can identify and correct any errors. The only users who will be able to access the Netflix view of the database will be supporting members.

It would be great if there are no problems, but you guys know us and our track record with big new changes. Please alert us any problems with the "On Netflix" feature by replying to this topic. The goal is to have everything working flawlessly by the 7th of July.

Thanks again to our sponsors... and we hope everyone likes this new feature!

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Re: New Feature: Titles On Netflix

Post by mattorama12 »

This is amazing. Definitely useful for those of us with access to the US Netflix catalog. Thanks!

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Look at all those films I can't watch!

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Mentaculus
3438 Ratings

Post by Mentaculus »

New feature got me excited like
;)

Ununnilium
1257 Ratings

Post by Ununnilium »

Nice! Thank you!

mattorama12
3086 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Looks like the filter is broken when trying to only view "Your Rankings". When I click on it at first, it pulls up the first page (of six) of my rankings from Netflix. But when I try to order by "score", go to the next page, or jump to a page, it resets to "All titles". When I tried to order by year, it gave me an error and said it was notifying admins. Ordering by date ranked works at first, but won't allow me to navigate past the first page.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Alright, thanks for alerting us to that! We'll let you know when it's fixed.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

We've made a few back-end changes to the new Netflix functionality, which begin to acknowledge the fact that Criticker is a global community. (It was the tears of Michael J. Fox that won us over).

Netflix UK and Canada have now been added to our system. If your Criticker profile is set to either of these countries, you'll see by default the corresponding titles on Netflix. If you don't have a country set, we'll try and match your location (based on IP).

This is just a start! We hope to add more and more countries, soon!

thehynes
904 Ratings

Post by thehynes »

thanks for adding the UK! Great job folks.