New Feature: Titles On Netflix

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
geohawk
1436 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: New Feature: Titles On Netflix

Post by geohawk »

mpowell wrote:We've made a few back-end changes to the new Netflix functionality, which begin to acknowledge the fact that Criticker is a global community. (It was the tears of Michael J. Fox that won us over).

Netflix UK and Canada have now been added to our system. If your Criticker profile is set to either of these countries, you'll see by default the corresponding titles on Netflix. If you don't have a country set, we'll try and match your location (based on IP).

This is just a start! We hope to add more and more countries, soon!

Yay! I can kill my list!

karamazov.
1727 Ratings

re: New Feature: Titles On Netflix

Post by karamazov. »

Apparently "Out 1, noli me tangere" is on netflix... thanks guys!

andyglover
486 Ratings

Post by andyglover »

Is there a way, from a film page, to follow a link to that film on Netflix? One click to view a given title on netflix would be awesome.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

andyglover wrote:Is there a way, from a film page, to follow a link to that film on Netflix? One click to view a given title on netflix would be awesome.

That's something that isn't possible right now, but would definitely be worth looking into!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Our new Netflix functionality is out of beta, and available to all users. Thanks to all our sponsors for helping us to test this new feature. We have a feeling it's going to be a really popular part of the site.

So far, we've added the Netflix titles from four countries to this functionality: USA, UK, Canada and Brazil. We hope to be adding more soon!

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Wow, thanks, it works great! And thanks for including Canada. We're kinda used to being forgotten by everybody else, so this is a nice change. I am definitely going to be using this feature a lot in future.

W00DY
784 Ratings

Post by W00DY »

Ireland and UK share a Netflix region. Is there any way for us Irish to be included without setting our country to UK? Great feature BTW

BadCosmonaut
4400 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

mpowell wrote:...The lists will be updated once a week...

Is it updated manually or automatically? Bad Boys 2 left Netflix US 2 weeks ago but still shows up in the current list.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Yeah, we've realized that old titles aren't being properly removed. We've just about fixed it, and expect the lists to be correct soon.

jeff_h
1422 Ratings

Post by jeff_h »

This feature is really useful, great job! Are there any plans of integrating other streaming services (i.e. Amazon Prime) in the future?