Some exceptions of "episodes" to be added individually

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
fabiovisnadi
5837 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Some exceptions of "episodes" to be added individually

Post by fabiovisnadi »

I ask for an exception regarding the films contained within the following show (Série Noire), since this wasn't a TV series, but a regular show of TV films, for them to be accepted to be added individually:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167732/

One good example was this great film by Jean-Luc Godard (Grandeur et décadence), that was also shown individually in film exhibitions:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091146/

Other exception that I ask is regarding this talk between the filmmaker Alexander Kluge and Jean-Luc Godard. Although it happens within this program, it's important to be added individually, because it comprises the direction of an important filmmaker and a relevant chapter in his career.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1552982/

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Some exceptions of "episodes" to be added individually

Post by mpowell »

No problem! We've added "Serie Noire" to the list of allowable TV episodes, and also the individual episode of "Ten to Eleven" which you mention.

fabiovisnadi
5837 Ratings

Post by fabiovisnadi »

Thank you, but I tried to add the film by Godard and Criticker still doesn't accept it.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

fabiovisnadi wrote:Thank you, but I tried to add the film by Godard and Criticker still doesn't accept it.

Ugh, sorry about that! We made a typo... please try again.

ribcage
4173 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

To jump aboard the topic of exceptions: as a dr who fan I've wondered if the serials might be split from the 30 year run of the whole. They don't fit exact rules of being separated out, but even from the start they were vastly different productions with each serial in a sense being its own 90-150 minute tv movie, and again it was a 30 year run with massive crew changes about every 3 years. This could also be helpful for fellow fans lurking about who may want psis for specific serials theyve not seen. Totally get if its not valid for the exception, just had the thought.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This makes sense, and I've made a note so that we'll consider it.

The problem is that we haven't done something like that, before. We've accepted TV series, and (a few) individual episodes, but not a collection of episodes. It would take some time to see how to work it in best.

We might want to wait on this until we accept individual seasons for each TV series. That's on the table, and it would make the serials thing easier to implement.