A reward system

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
joelwatchesmovies
989 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: A reward system

Post by joelwatchesmovies »

I'd personally love some sort of feature on the homepage that just highlights recently starred/recently written reviews of recent releases- maybe under the "In Theatres" tab? I feel like it'd be perfect for giving me easy and quick access to the users on here who are still actively writing good reviews. I'm not much of a forum guy, but I love that kumpel connected-ness that comes from giving and receiving (you know, every once in a while.. :P) stars for reviews. On that note- hope you don't mind if I add y'all as kumpels! I know my # of ranked films is pretty minuscule compared to the rest of you but as a relatively recent cinephile I'm doing my best to catch up! :P (and I do review every film I rank!)

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

funny thing. your thumbnail says that you have 500 movies rated, but when i go to your user page, it says you've ranked nothing.

amazedemon
3539 Ratings

Post by amazedemon »

Luna6ix wrote:funny thing. your thumbnail says that you have 500 movies rated, but when i go to your user page, it says you've ranked nothing.

I'm getting the same thing with your page Luna6ix. Could be because I'm on criticker games.

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

guess I'm just going to have to add joelbrandt to my kumpels and check out his reviews later.

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

Oh, i see. When you click games in the main bar, it toggles between games and films. So when you have that active, you'll only see what games someone rated, or yourself for that matter. That's kinda weird.

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

CosmicMonkey wrote:
Maaxwell wrote:When you're looking through your starred reviews, it will say "Most Popular Mini-Review!" if you happen to have the most-starred review for a film. I think it would be a nice touch if it said on your main profile page how many of these "Most Popular Mini-Reviews" you have. This would potentially incentivise users to seek out lesser-viewed movies in order to try and secure more of these points (I mean, I probably would), which I think, in a den of cinephiles such as this, is something to be encouraged.

Hey, I like this! It's simple and fairly common sense; it encourages more usage of the site, but doesn't fundamentally alter any aspect of the experience.

I think at the very least, it would be cool, somewhere in the "Starred Reviews" section, to know how many "Most Popular Mini-Reviews" you have.