"like" or "dislike" a movie belonging to certain collection

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
andr
1785 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"like" or "dislike" a movie belonging to certain collection

Post by andr »

I suggest to have a possibility to "like" or "dislike" a movie belonging to certain public collection. For example assume a movie belongs to collection "Female protagonist". If I liked the protagonist in this movie to be a female, I would click "like" button, if I didn't - I click "dislike". This is similar to movielens' feature of tags.

Those likes and dislikes could be used to improve the predictions, since the system would know who liked and disliked certain aspects of the film, and assume that a user would like or dislike the same aspects in an unwatched film, that (s)he like or disliked in other films. The users who liked/disliked the same aspects about a film could be made close in terms of TCI.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: "like" or "dislike" a movie belonging to certain collection

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for that suggestion. We'll consider this for the future... It might be a little difficult to fully implement in a way that's useful to the site, but we like to collect all of these ideas.

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Re: "like" or "dislike" a movie belonging to certain collection

Post by iconogassed »

mpowell wrote:we like to collect all of these ideas.

Really?