"exclude these genres" when filtering PSI list

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Pratchett3
718 Ratings
Your TCI: na

"exclude these genres" when filtering PSI list

Post by Pratchett3 »

I frequently filter out documentaries from rec lists because I often just want some fiction

but to do this, I have to open up the genre filter and check every checkbox except documentary, and sort by "any of these genres", and even then, if something is half-documentary, half-something else, it still gets included in the results

can you maybe think of adding an "exclude selected genres" mode to the genre filter?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: "exclude these genres" when filtering PSI list

Post by mpowell »

This kind of "negative filtering" is something we've add on our list for a long time. I'm not sure when we'll get to it, but it is something we definitely plan on introducing at some point. Thanks for the input!

Mist600
877 Ratings

Post by Mist600 »

Yes. Absolutely. Please introduce this feature.

Sorry if this is somewhat brief. I wrote rather more effusive & reasoned suggestions for various features a week or so back & they all got dropped into cyberspace black hole :cry:

Still, appreciate the site & would very much like to see this & other smart features added to enhance the experience & draw in more users.

Thanks for all your work

Mist600
877 Ratings

Post by Mist600 »

Music videos/live concerts (which also often get mis-tagged as musicals) would be a category I'd very much like to be able to exclude.

Also, there are frequently occasions I'd like to find a good Polish film or Iranian film or a Spaniah language (inc Latin American) piece to develop my Spanish language ability.
Equally there are times I want to know what good English language mainsteam films I may have missed out in without getting a list full of foreign 'exotica' - the ability to do these searches with filters would be great.

Ideally We all be able to run searches like
•English language films with PSIs of 70+, for me, released 1990-2018

•Spanish language films released 2010-2018

•Iranian, Polish or Japanese films (but not English or any other language) released 1900-2018

•Any films with 60+ PSI, for me, released this year that are NOT in English.

gabba2k7
1068 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

yeah...will also help to exclude animation/cartoons/anime when searching for 'usual' films/series...

i just tried to search for 'action' tv-show'and first 3 results are animation products...and generally 35-45% of results are that way...

volvox
319 Ratings

Post by volvox »

Please add this feature. Documentaries and animations are dominating other movies in PSI's. We can filter more healthy in this way.

5Z5qjRCfM2
1391 Ratings

Post by 5Z5qjRCfM2 »

I also would like this feature.