future subsections

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
KasperL
7227 Ratings
Your TCI: na

future subsections

Post by KasperL »

Copied from my comment on Facebook:
"I would love to see a subsection about literature with the option of filtering between types such as novels and short stories!

Also, music.criticker.com would obviously be amazing as well. I'm not sure if it would be too confusing to have both albums and songs on there though. Maybe limiting it to one or the other might be the best way to go.

Looking forward to using the new part of the site and to the worlds still to be added to the awesome ever-expanding Criticker Empire!"

Upon further reflection I think that a subsection for music might be better suited than one for literature for the way that Criticker's tiers work (most users will probably like 80-90% of the books that they have chosen to finish), but perhaps this obstacle can be solved somehow.

Also, you guys replied that a subsection for just about anything imaginable is now not only possible, but (relatively) easy to implement. So let's get the ball rolling... How about a subsection for restaurants/takeout (with filters for major cities)? :idea:

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Re: future subsections

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Ugh, No I don't want criticker to become just another generic consumer review site, and I don''t see how a tier system would help me decide which vet would be best for my asthmatic rabbit. Please just stick to reviews of Mass Media: Film, Television, Music, Literature, Comic Books, Video Games, and maybe Podcasts?

Luna6ix
4609 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

Not really interested in a literature subsection, but I could see music being pretty sweet.

paulofilmo
2428 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

asthmatic rabbit ^^
tyrnes out inhalers are a thing

I hope criticker does become a less shit version of tastekid (, or eatchildren -whatever it's called now).

Pratchett3
718 Ratings

you're starting to do games, but have you considered books?

Post by Pratchett3 »

I think your algorithm could do very well for books too. the only option for books right now is goodreads, and their suggestion algo blows.