'Note to mods' on submission form

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
iconogassed
7281 Ratings
Your TCI: na

'Note to mods' on submission form

Post by iconogassed »

Though I've almost never had call for it, it might be useful to have a field on the submission form for minor clarifications. For example, I have submitted https://www.criticker.com/tv/The-Million-Dollar-Hijack which is incorrectly listed as a mini-series on IMDb. I have a correction pending there (to change it to a TV movie) but they can be difficult to get through.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: 'Note to mods' on submission form

Post by mpowell »

That's not a bad idea. The only problem is that we enjoy our bright-red lines for acceptable submissions. If we give users a place to justify exceptions, they will use it, and it will make approving submissions more difficult. I think that, for the small number of times you'd need to use such a field, we'd prefer you send an email (to info@criticker.com) or use the "Other" field on the title's information page.

iconogassed
7281 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

Will do, thanks!

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

sorry, but where is the "other" field ?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

livelove wrote:sorry, but where is the "other" field ?

What I was talking about is when you click on "Help us fix incorrect or missing information" on a film's information page. Then, "Other" should be one of the options in the dropdown.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

undinum wrote:it might be useful to have a field on the submission form for minor clarifications
mpowell wrote: What I was talking about is when you click on "Help us fix incorrect or missing information" on a film's information page. Then, "Other" should be one of the options in the dropdown.
@mpowell:
thanks but the OP talked about "a field on the submission form".
fix incorrect or missing information > other is only available once a title is already submitted and approved, not while it is pending in preview mode. So it cannot be used to provide helpful information for you FOR the approval process, correct?