From Tiers to Percentiles: Introducing a Big New Change to Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
AFlickering
2994 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: From Tiers to Percentiles: Introducing a Big New Change to Criticker

Post by AFlickering »

this is also happening to me, and seems related to the bug i posted a few posts ago.

djross
5326 Ratings

Post by djross »

djross wrote:
djross wrote:
djross wrote:Also, the colours for Recent Kumpel Activity currently do not always correctly match the scores, perhaps for users who have yet to switch.

I think I was wrong about this: I think it was that a kumpel of mine changed how his colours relate to his scores. Apologies.

Wrong again. It definitely is a problem: the colour of a ranking on Recent Kumpel Activity does not correspond to the colour of the same ranking by the same user on the film's page or on that user's page (the last two do correspond, so it is only Recent Kumpel Activity that is incorrect).

Sometimes the colour is wrong on the film page too. I'll get this right one day.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:
djross wrote:
djross wrote:Also, the colours for Recent Kumpel Activity currently do not always correctly match the scores, perhaps for users who have yet to switch.

I think I was wrong about this: I think it was that a kumpel of mine changed how his colours relate to his scores. Apologies.

Wrong again. It definitely is a problem: the colour of a ranking on Recent Kumpel Activity does not correspond to the colour of the same ranking by the same user on the film's page or on that user's page (the last two do correspond, so it is only Recent Kumpel Activity that is incorrect).

Okay, thanks for reporting it. I've lodged a bug, and we'll be looking at it soon!

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

djross wrote:
djross wrote:
djross wrote:

Sometimes the colour is wrong on the film page too. I'll get this right one day.

this happens for me specifically when i change how i'm sorting the ratings. if i sort by percentile then back to TCI again, they're all green.

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I created a new profile to see what the site looked like with percentiles, as I didn't want to change my profile and not be able to change back. It's a little jarring not being able to see the actual scores users have assigned to films, and instead JUST seeing the percentile. Will definitely be sticking to tiers for that reason alone.

trippingly
1045 Ratings

Post by trippingly »

Maaxwell wrote:I created a new profile to see what the site looked like with percentiles, as I didn't want to change my profile and not be able to change back. It's a little jarring not being able to see the actual scores users have assigned to films, and instead JUST seeing the percentile. Will definitely be sticking to tiers for that reason alone.

Are you sure you sure you weren't seeing scores? Most areas of the site do display the actual scores that users assigned. On the page for a film, for example, the larger numbers are scores and the smaller numbers next to them are percentiles. On the PSI page for a film, percentiles are more prominent (which makes sense there since it's showing how your probable score was calculated) but actual scores are also displayed. There might be an area of the site I'm overlooking, but scores are shown everywhere I can think of.

AFlickering
2994 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

yeah, he is mistaken, unless it's a bug or something.

MacSwell
2721 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Yeah, the display is looking different now and I can see scores.

jacobclark12
1046 Ratings

Post by jacobclark12 »

djross wrote:
AFlickering wrote:
djross wrote:PSIs are definitely being incorrectly calculated at the moment, because there is a mix of old TCIs (with lower numbers) and new TCIs (which are all higher numbers). So, when I look at the PSI for Tarkovsky's Mirror, for example, all ten numbers used to generate the PSI are from those old TCIs. It is only further down the list, after these ten, that my actually closest users appear. Clicking the "see why" button that shows how the score was calculated confirms that none of my actually closest users factored into the PSI.

i've not had this issue at any point for the record, all my TCIs converted when i made the switch.

It is no longer true for the example I gave, and I have not found another example, so perhaps it is no longer an issue.

I didn't have this issue for the last couple days, but now it's back.

EricDSnider2
5345 Ratings

Post by EricDSnider2 »

I'm seeing this too. All 1000 of my Top TCIs have reverted to tiers.