show probable PSI scores as raw percentile

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Pratchett3
718 Ratings
Your TCI: na

show probable PSI scores as raw percentile

Post by Pratchett3 »

I switched my account over to percentiles, but my probable scores for films I haven't rated yet are still showing up as 1-10. not sure if this is because they're still stuck on the old "tier" system, or if it's because I personally rate my stuff 1-10 and it's converting it to my rating system

but I think it'd be more informative to show the raw percentile PSI

when looking through my PSI list for films to watch, it'd be more useful to see 92, 91, 90, 89, etc instead of just a bunch of 9's

(it'd also be useful to be able to see the # of TCI's that score was calculated from, and also the average TCI score of those users, in order to give an idea of how accurate that probable score might be, but that's for another topic I guess)

mpowell
1201 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: show probable PSI scores as raw percentile

Post by mpowell »

The system isn't stuck on tiers. The PSI is a reflection of the score we think you'd give a film. So if you only rank from 1-10, then Criticker takes that into account. It knows that, for you, it should map percentiles 75-92 to the score of "9" (as an example).

It's the same way it worked with tiers... in the old system, someone who scored movies from 0-100 would have seen PSIs of 85 or 92, for example, because it mapped the average tier to their ranking system.

I understand what you mean about seeing the raw percentile of your PSI, though. Right now, you can only see that on the "PSI Explain" page of each film.

I like your other idea, too, about somehow easily seeing how many TCIs went into calculating a PSI. This is the kind of thing that the PSI Explain page is for, and I'm not sure it's information we could cleanly encapsulate in other places.