Favourite actor/director/writer update

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
cke
959 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Favourite actor/director/writer update

Post by cke »

Not sure if this is viable or possible, but it would be cool if any movies that have been added to the Criticker database that include one of your favourite actor/director/writers are added to the Newsletter.

Cheers

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Favourite actor/director/writer update

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the suggestion! I think we do have this one written down in our database, but I'll check and add it, if it's not. That definitely would be be a cool addition.

BadCosmonaut
4401 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

This is a cool idea, and it would encourage me to add more people to my favorites. Actually, I may end up adding people who aren't my favorites just so I get alerts. Maybe add a separate alert system? Either way would be neat.

cke
959 Ratings

Post by cke »

Yeah, it wouldn't have to be the Newsletter. That was just the mechanism I first thought of. Some other personalised alert system would work too.

boomdiddly
1932 Ratings

Post by boomdiddly »

This is totally unrelated to the thread but not to the topic at large. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a separate category (in addition to actor/director/writer) for people who are portraying themselves in a movie. It seems hardly fair to lump them in the same category as those who are portraying a character. This further might help to demarcate documentaries, comedy specials, and concert films from fiction films. Maybe label this new category "subjects" instead of "actors"? Perhaps it would require too much of an overhaul to the system to be worth it, but I thought it was at least worth mentioning.

livelove
67 Ratings

Post by livelove »

cke wrote:it would be cool if any movies that have been added to the Criticker database that include one of your favourite actor/director/writers are added to the Newsletter.

boomdiddly wrote:have a separate category (in addition to actor/director/writer) for people who are portraying themselves in a movie. It seems hardly fair to lump them in the same category as those who are portraying a character. This further might help to demarcate documentaries, comedy specials, and concert films from fiction films.

both excellent ideas