New Changes at Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Risselada
4402 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: New Changes at Criticker

Post by Risselada »

It looks like also there is a change that new TCIs are no longer automatically generated?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

CosmicMonkey wrote:It was a problem for me three days ago, and I literally didn't change a thing and it seems to have sorted itself out on its own. Weird.

It might seem weird, but we've been doing a lot of work on the back-end to try. Still, this is a problem which we can't reproduce or explain. It seems like some of our preemptive efforts are working, but not for everyone.

Until we can reliably reproduce the issue, it's going to be hard to fix for good. We won't stop trying to figure it out, but if you guys discover other reasons it's appearing, definitely share them.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Risselada wrote:It looks like also there is a change that new TCIs are no longer automatically generated?

Well, yes and no. We did take the "auto generating" off of the front-end, suspecting that nobody would miss it. At the end of the day, it was too heavy a resource hog, and led to a general slowing down of the site. That said, we're still constantly generating TCIs on the back-end, when you load a page or rank a film. You can always see your ten "latest" TCIs on the TCI Page.

Risselada
4402 Ratings

Post by Risselada »

mpowell wrote:
Risselada wrote:It looks like also there is a change that new TCIs are no longer automatically generated?

Well, yes and no. We did take the "auto generating" off of the front-end, suspecting that nobody would miss it. At the end of the day, it was too heavy a resource hog, and led to a general slowing down of the site. That said, we're still constantly generating TCIs on the back-end, when you load a page or rank a film. You can always see your ten "latest" TCIs on the TCI Page.

Gotcha. Thank you for explaining.

MacSwell
2706 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

I've noticed that on an actor/director's page, it no longer says if a film is a TV series/TV movie/short etc. As someone who exclusively ranks feature-length films, it's a bit inconvenient.

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Maaxwell wrote:I've noticed that on an actor/director's page, it no longer says if a film is a TV series/TV movie/short etc. As someone who exclusively ranks feature-length films, it's a bit inconvenient.

Thanks for pointing this out! We've added that information again to the results.

addeh
5115 Ratings

Post by addeh »

Any chance of re-adding the average score display to actors/directors etc. pages?

iconogassed
7282 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

The colour selections for my rankings appear to be correct and consistent everywhere except the Most Recently-Starred Reviews tab on my profile page, where they revert to the default values. (They're fine on the full Starred Reviews page)

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

undinum wrote:The colour selections for my rankings appear to be correct and consistent everywhere except the Most Recently-Starred Reviews tab on my profile page, where they revert to the default values. (They're fine on the full Starred Reviews page)

This one should be fixed now. Thanks for reporting it!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

addeh wrote:Any chance of re-adding the average score display to actors/directors etc. pages?

Thanks for pointing this out! We've now made it so that if you hover over the percentile value, you'll see your average score.