New Changes at Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
kyvetti
3283 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: New Changes at Criticker

Post by kyvetti »

Some other oddities at least on Games side of thing:
it claims I have 2918 game ratings (actually 51, and with 2867 film ratings that makes 2918),
and when I try to rate new stuff the rating sticks but with no percentage value is shown (and I suspect is not included in the ranking calculation, I'll try this out).
Edit: looks like no, I have few enough ratings that adding a couple more should have shifted the percentages of the old ones.

Filtering the database works now for me.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

zevel6 wrote:
mpowell wrote:
zevel6 wrote:When in the forum section there is an issue with the top menu - only "forums" and "games" can be seen.
"You", "Explore" and "Resources" are not visible.

Hmm... this isn't a problem we're having. What browser are you using?

Chrome. It seems to be OK on internet explorer.

I'm using Firefox and I have the same issue.

Victoriouz
11634 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

CosmicMonkey wrote:
zevel6 wrote:
mpowell wrote:
Hmm... this isn't a problem we're having. What browser are you using?

Chrome. It seems to be OK on internet explorer.

I'm using Firefox and I have the same issue.

It seems to be an issue due to adblock.

Here's what I got on chrome, with ablock turned off and on:

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Victoriouz wrote:It seems to be an issue due to adblock.

Alright, I think we've come up with a solution for this problem: disable AdBlock for Criticker.

Haha, I'm joking, but also kind of not. We'll try and figure out the issue, as there might be something misconfigured on the Forum if Adblockers are causing such a problem.

But I'll also take the opportunity to again plead with you to whitelist Criticker on your adblockers. We are a small, free site, which has made big efforts to ensure that our ads aren't intrusive or over the top. We don't have pop-ups, nor do we auto-play videos, or do any of the other things which make Adblocking an unfortunate necessity on some less caring sites.

Criticker survives on its ad revenue. I mean it; besides the (lovely, lovely) users who support our site by becoming sponsors, ads are the only way we make any money. At all. If you enjoy Criticker, we feel like the least you can do is allow our ads to display. And if you hate ads that much, then please consider becoming a sponsor, and we'll turn them off properly.

zevel6
4232 Ratings

Post by zevel6 »

mpowell wrote:
Victoriouz wrote:It seems to be an issue due to adblock.

Alright, I think we've come up with a solution for this problem: disable AdBlock for Criticker.

Haha, I'm joking, but also kind of not. We'll try and figure out the issue, as there might be something misconfigured on the Forum if Adblockers are causing such a problem.

But I'll also take the opportunity to again plead with you to whitelist Criticker on your adblockers. We are a small, free site, which has made big efforts to ensure that our ads aren't intrusive or over the top. We don't have pop-ups, nor do we auto-play videos, or do any of the other things which make Adblocking an unfortunate necessity on some less caring sites.

Criticker survives on its ad revenue. I mean it; besides the (lovely, lovely) users who support our site by becoming sponsors, ads are the only way we make any money. At all. If you enjoy Criticker, we feel like the least you can do is allow our ads to display. And if you hate ads that much, then please consider becoming a sponsor, and we'll turn them off properly.

I'm not sure it entirely relates to adblockers - I'm a sponsored member and it's still an issue!

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

zevel6 wrote:I'm not sure it entirely relates to adblockers - I'm a sponsored member and it's still an issue!

Thanks so much for being a sponsor! I didn't realize this was also happening with sponsors.

Do you have an adblocker installed? Even though Criticker's not serving ads to you, an activated AdBlocker might still be interfering with Javascript needed for the menu. If you do have an adblocker, which one is it?

We've tried to reproduce this with AdBlock Plus, but for us, the menu always appears.

BadCosmonaut
4422 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Right after the change occurred, I had the same problem Victoriouz showed in his image with the menu words not aligning with the blue bar, but it went away after a few days. I'm not seeing the problem now. Not sure if I changed anything on my end.

I'm using Firefox Quantum 60.0.2 (64 bit) for desktop Windows 10, with add ons:

uBlock Origin v1.16.8 - without criticker whitelisted (I'm currently a subscriber)
NoScript v10.1.8.2 - with criticker (and all sites it loads) whitelisted
No Coin - Block miners on the web! 0.4.14

zevel6
4232 Ratings

Post by zevel6 »

mpowell wrote:
zevel6 wrote:I'm not sure it entirely relates to adblockers - I'm a sponsored member and it's still an issue!

Thanks so much for being a sponsor! I didn't realize this was also happening with sponsors.

Do you have an adblocker installed? Even though Criticker's not serving ads to you, an activated AdBlocker might still be interfering with Javascript needed for the menu. If you do have an adblocker, which one is it?

We've tried to reproduce this with AdBlock Plus, but for us, the menu always appears.

I do have AdBlock installed on Chrome but even when pausing AdBlock for this site the issue still appears.
I can still see the "You", "Explore" & "Resource" but they are essentially under the blue colored area (kind of invisible as very light blue on white background).

djross
5326 Ratings

Post by djross »

This is also how it is (just Forums and Games) on my iPad. No adblock installed.

CosmicMonkey
1271 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

It was a problem for me three days ago, and I literally didn't change a thing and it seems to have sorted itself out on its own. Weird.