Trakt integration or Plex plugin

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
SnorlaxJones
1895 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Trakt integration or Plex plugin

Post by SnorlaxJones »

Would it be possible to sync with trakt?

mpowell
1201 Ratings

Re: Trakt integration or Plex plugin

Post by mpowell »

No, I don't think this is will be on our shortlist of future enhancements. I do like the idea, but think it's beyond our capabilities.

grapefruit88
364 Ratings

Post by grapefruit88 »

I think the better option is to integrate it into media servers like Plex, Emby and Jellyfin. Users just want to watch movies
and tv shows, and that is done on media servers. Criticker is good for recommendations. But that would be best served directly
in the media server. Having to go out of your living room and into a computer to look for a good movie to watch is archaic. Put
the recommendations directly into the living room.

I use Emby, and I sort my movies by IMDB rating. But it would be far better to be able to sort them by Criticker rating. What I have watched is marked by a check mark, so deciding what to watch from my library would be extremely easy. And clicking on
"Suggestions" would give me Criticker suggestions that might include movies/tv not on my library. Would be perfect. Trakt.tv is
already synchronized with Emby via a plugin. So we just need to add a Criticker plugin and have the Emby/Jellyfin/Plex developers add a field on the metadata for "User Rating" (right now only Community and Critic ratings are present on the metadata), which gets synced with Criticker's user account. That would be my 2 cents.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

maybe a trakt sync using the csv exported file from trakt.

knoroz
647 Ratings

Post by knoroz »

This would be such a good idea. The ability of going through my plex (or whatever media system) and being able to sort out the films by PSI would be amazing!